Senior Backend Engineer - Marketplace Team - Full Remote in Europe
Engineering – Backend
Permanent employment contract
⚠️Read before applying:
We're a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we're only working with people in locations where the time zone is:
-3 hours > Paris time zone < +3 hours
Marketplace Team @Heetch
We build pricing, matching and maps technology to create a balanced, reliable and accessible marketplace for our drivers and passengers.
It's our responsibility to align the different needs of drivers and passengers by building technology to provide reliable earning for drivers and affordable prices for passengers.
Our biggest challenge, as a team, is to keep our marketplace healthy and users happy in the different cities that we operate. We aim to build flexible and maintainable products to support the growth into highly diverse markets around Europe and Africa.
• Pricing: We calculate upfront prices based on the estimated ride time and distance, as well as demand patterns and other data insights.
• Matching: Our goal is to find the best match for drivers and passengers, this is reducing the average wait time for everyone (no, it's not the closest one anymore).
• Maps: Yes, you are right, we need maps to provide such functionalities.
Our team's values:
• Transparency: We discuss everything openly within the team. Our speak up culture is strong.
• Remote first: Our team is fully distributed, and we work hard at that.
• Data driven: Our decisions are made with hard empirical evidence and not gut feel.
• Team unity: We are only as good as our team is.
• Courageous: We are bold and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
• Code quality: We strive to write clean, testable and maintainable code.
Within our event-driven architecture you will mainly find Golang and Python microservices talking each other asynchronously through Kafka.
Take a closer look at our stack: https://stackshare.io/heetch/engineering
Does it sound like you?
• You are obsessed by the value you create for users, and you follow lean tenets such as continuous improvement.
• You design and build testable, extensible, reliable and scalable systems.
• You keep things simple.
• You are data driven. You define metrics upfront.
• You've worked for more than 5 years as a software engineer, and have experience with event-driven architectures and microservices (with Go is a plus).
• You are not afraid to fail (as long as you learn from it).
• You want to dive into Data science, algorithms and mathematics.
• You believe innovation comes from a bottom-up model.
• You love sharing knowledge.
• You are comfortable wearing the Tech Lead hat.
What will you do?
• Write well-crafted, well-tested, readable and maintainable code.
• Develop and design real time responsive solutions at large scales.
• Do code reviews and distribute knowledge.
• Lead large projects from ideation to market release.
• Unblock, support and communicate with internal teams to achieve results.
• Offer advanced technical expertise to design and develop software applications.
• Work very close with Data Scientists.
• Chew on a lot of data to understand marketplace problematics.
• Mentor our junior developers and help them to evolve.
• Write technical posts, give tech talks and promote tech and engineering best practices.
If your application is selected, the process will be composed of 4 steps:
1. Non technical interview with the Engineering Manager of your potential team (1h30)
2. Take home assignment (~5 days deadline)
3. Interview with your future teammates (1h)
4. Day on site (Paris) to meet your future stakeholders
You can also have a look at our open-source projects and contributions here
🌈Heetch embraces diversity and equal opportunity for everyone 🌍 We provide a safe and inclusive work environment. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Because the more diverse we are, the better our work will be!
Heetch SAS is collecting your personal data (identity, contact details, academic background, professional experience and optionally a covering letter) for the processing of your application to our job offer, based on your consent.
Your personal data will only be accessible to our hiring team, our co-founders, and the manager of the position you are applying to. In addition, data are stored by our processor in order to use its applications tracking system. Your data may be stored outside of the EU/EEA but are protected by appropriated safeguards.
Your data are stored for a maximum duration of two years. If we do not reply to your application, you allow us to store your data during this term in order to potentially contact you for another position within our company or affiliates and subsidiaries.
You have a right to access to your data, to rectify them, under some conditions to erase them, and to limit the processing. Also, you have a right of portability on your data. In addition, you may revoke your consent and we shall stop processing your data. Eventually, you have a right to define directives about the fate of your data if your death should occur.