Android Engineer - Customer Engineering - Full Remote in Europe
Engineering – Mobile
Permanent employment contract
⚠️Read before applying: We're a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we're only working with people in locations where the time zone is: -3 hours > Paris time zone < +3 hours
Customer Engineering Team at Heetch
Our team mission is to rebuild the entire Customer Support infrastructure to help our Customer Care team deliver exceptional experiences while continuously improving the whole journey - for both passengers and drivers.
Have a look at our stack for a deeper overview: https://stackshare.io/heetch/engineering
Our team's values
- Transparency: We discuss everything openly within the team. Our 'Speak up' culture is strong.
- Remote first: Our team is fully distributed, and we work hard at that, but feel free to work from any of our offices. Flexible work schedules are part of the plan.
- Learn from failures: It's ok to fail, learn from it and try again.
- Experiment things: Being free is part of our DNA, we can try things as long as it brings value.
- Code quality: Tests are as important as code is.
- Caring is sharing: We believe in continuous learning and want you to be proud of what you've learned/built. Sharing is a natural part of the process.
What will you do?
- Work closely with Product, Backend and Data Analysts to build highly impactful features. 😍
- Build, test, ship and monitor features on top of third party services such as Zendesk, Twilio, LaunchDarkly and Firebase
- Optimise performance and help solve technical and product problems for our large pool of end users
- Be a vital member of the broader Android team at Heetch and contribute to core architecture and design discussions
- Participate in Code Reviews and provide feedback to your colleagues
- Work in a release train cycle (we ship often 🚢) and routinely own and manage releases to the Play Store
- We are a #RemoteFirst company, thus writing documentation is part of our DNA
Does it sound like you?
- 3+ years of experience in Android development
- 2+ years Reactive programming with RxJava
- 1+ year Production experience working with kotlin
- Strong understanding of the Android SDK and application lifecycle
- Rigor in test coverage and other best practices
- Not afraid of leaving your comfort zone
- You are ready to make an impact at scale
- You’ve been part of a Customer Support team previously in your career
- Knowledge about managing the lifecycle of background services and their impact on battery usage
- Passion for automation
If your application is selected, the process will be composed of 4 steps:
1. Interview with a Technical Recruiter (45mn)
2. Take home assignment (~5 days deadline)
3. Interview with your future Engineering Manager (1h)
4. Day on site (Paris) or remote interviews to meet your future teammates and stakeholders
You can also have a look at our open-source projects and contributions here
🌈Heetch embraces diversity and equal opportunity for everyone 🌍 We provide a safe and inclusive work environment. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Because the more diverse we are, the better our work will be!
Heetch SAS is collecting your personal data (identity, contact details, academic background, professional experience and optionally a covering letter) for the processing of your application to our job offer, based on your consent.
Your personal data will only be accessible to our hiring team, our co-founders, and the manager of the position you are applying to. In addition, data are stored by our processor in order to use its applications tracking system. Your data may be stored outside of the EU/EEA but are protected by appropriated safeguards.
Your data are stored for a maximum duration of two years. If we do not reply to your application, you allow us to store your data during this term in order to potentially contact you for another position within our company or affiliates and subsidiaries.
You have a right to access to your data, to rectify them, under some conditions to erase them, and to limit the processing. Also, you have a right of portability on your data. In addition, you may revoke your consent and we shall stop processing your data. Eventually, you have a right to define directives about the fate of your data if your death should occur.