Senior Backend Engineer - Passenger
Full remote in Europe
Engineering – Backend
Permanent employment contract
The top priority of our user-centric team is the happiness of our passengers. From the moment they decide to join us until they enter our marketplace, passengers will be using our products. And our mission is to make sure they get the stellar experience they deserve.
The scope of the team includes passenger acquisition, to ensure that passengers can signup smoothly in a few seconds, and passenger account, to provide a wonderful lifecycle experience to our passengers and help them oversee their passenger account between 2 rides.
Given our business scope, our team is working side-by-side with other Product teams and internal partners (Operations and Marketing teams), allowing us to build features that will empower passengers with new ways to ride.
• Docker with Mesos & Marathon
• Unit and functional tests are as important as the code
• Work wherever you want: We’ve always been remote first but also have offices in Paris, London, Bruxelles, and Casablanca.
• Open communication: Everything is public within the team.
• You are not alone: We are supportive of each other and use Slack and video calls to keep in touch.
• Promulgate Knowledge: Whether it's organizational, cultural or technical, we're eager to learn!
• Continuous improvement: We do weekly team retrospectives and have a strong 'Speak Up' value.
What do you need?
• Experience with microservices in production
• Professional experience in Go
• Understand Ruby on Rails
• 5 years as a software engineer
• Ability to design performant systems for high throughput workloads
• Awareness and understanding of technical constraints
What will you do?
• Own the product as a whole
• Kill legacy piece by piece to design shiny new micro-services, mixing both technical and product requirement
• Engineer solutions used by millions of users every single day
• Provide new in-app signup and login experience without FB connect
• Provide a better referral flow to our loyal passengers
• Build a new "ride history" feature to help passengers handle their past rides
• Increase passenger engagement through new gamified features
• Contribute to a redesign of many passengers flows in mobile apps
• From the inside, we’re a caring full-stack team of product managers, software engineers (iOS, Android, Backend, QA), and product designers. The team is growing up, so this is also a great opportunity to join an adventure from the beginning.
• Paid conference attendance/travel
• Heetch credits
• A Spotify subscription
• Medical care
• Code retreats and company retreats
• Travel budget (visit your remote co-workers and our offices)
If your application is selected, the process will be composed of 4 steps:
1. Non technical interview with the Engineering Manager of your potential team (1h30)
2. Take home assignment (~5 days deadline)
3. Interview with your future teammates (1h)
4. Day on site (Paris) to meet your future stakeholders
You can also have a look at our open-source projects and contributions here
Heetch SAS is collecting your personal data (identity, contact details, academic background, professional experience and optionally a covering letter) for the processing of your application to our job offer, based on your consent.
Your personal data will only be accessible to our hiring team, our co-founders, and the manager of the position you are applying to. In addition, data are stored by our processor in order to use its applications tracking system. Your data may be stored outside of the EU/EEA but are protected by appropriated safeguards.
Your data are stored for a maximum duration of two years. If we do not reply to your application, you allow us to store your data during this term in order to potentially contact you for another position within our company or affiliates and subsidiaries.
You have a right to access to your data, to rectify them, under some conditions to erase them, and to limit the processing. Also, you have a right of portability on your data. In addition, you may revoke your consent and we shall stop processing your data. Eventually, you have a right to define directives about the fate of your data if your death should occur.