Senior Backend Engineer - Driver Team - Full Remote in Europe
Engineering – Backend /
Permanent employment contract
ℹ️Note before applying 🙏:
We're a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we're only working with people in locations where the time zone is:
-3 hours > Paris time zone < +3 hours
Driver Team @Heetch
We're a multi-disciplined product team with a mission Build a platform that attracts and welcomes new drivers and empowers them to succeed and build a sustainable business. Our team builds and deploys critical features and tools our drivers use daily to make a living 🚗- This is a responsibility that motivates us daily and we do not take for granted.
At Heetch, we are committed to provide a great mobility solution, and an enjoyable experience for all our users : passengers AND drivers 💚
We're looking for product-focused, user-centered Engineers, that are ready for a challenge and want to have an impact at scale (our app is used every day by thousands of drivers all across the world 🌍). We hire for talent and team fit, not location, that's why members of our team are based remotely all throughout Europe.
• Docker with Mesos & Marathon.
• Services owned by our teams are written in Go.
• We follow community guidelines and best practices.
- Kindness: It's all about transparency. We discuss everything openly within the team. Our speak up culture is strong.
- Communicate Wisely: Our remote first team is fully distributed, and we work hard at that, but feel free to work from any of our offices in Paris, London, Lyon, Bruxelles or Casablanca.
- Free Mind: We celebrate the wins, but more importantly we're not afraid to fail, we always learn and go again.
- General Interest first: Thanks to team unity, no one is left behind.
- Make it Happen: Code quality? It's not software without tests.
Does it sound like you?
• You are passionate and excited about Golang.
• You've got more than 5 years of experience as a software engineer.
• You've worked with microservices in production.
• You're eager to improve on and push boundaries with Go, just like we are! 🚀
• You show track record of designing elegant APIs that are easy to use and well documented.
• You have a full event-driven mindset.
• You're not afraid of leaving your comfort zone.
• You are able to communicate
• You are ready to make an impact on the drivers' use of our app, and you have a growth mindset.
+ If you've worked with Ruby and Kafka in production, it's a plus :)
What will you do?
• Work with engineers to design, build, ship and maintain microservices in production 🚢
• When needs must, debug issues direct on production spanning multiple services and stacks.
• Contribute to architectural and design decisions, at scale, around our microservice and event-driven architecture.
• Work on large scale extraction projects, as we migrate legacy systems (Ruby), into our event-driven architecture.
• Participate in Code Reviews and provide feedback to your colleagues.
• Share knowledge with everyone and help your team to grow.
• Have the freedom to experiment. Intrigued by a new tech or library? Go for it! Let's see how it improves our services.
• Have product ownership by working closely with Product, mobile and data teams. It's not just about writing code.
What will be your main challenges?
The opportunity and challenge ahead for the Driver team is immense and will help facilitate the companies continued growth. The teams domain is directly linked to core business objectives and you will have the chance to contribute to many areas including, but not limited to; Driver Account and Applications, Core Vehicles services, Driver earnings, Driver profile, Company services, Tech legacy extraction into Go services.
Our multi-disciplined team allow us to work autonomously across the realms of our scope - Basically, this means that we own our roadmap entirely, and we empower each team member to contribute and influence how and what we work on.
Help us spread good vibes with Heetch !
If your application is selected, the process will be composed of 4 steps:
1. Interview with a Technical Recruiter (45mn)
2. Take home assignment (~5 days deadline)
3. Interview with your future Engineering Manager (1h)
4. Day on site (Paris) or remote interviews to meet your future teammates and stakeholders
You can also have a look at our open-source projects and contributions here
🌈Heetch embraces diversity and equal opportunity for everyone 🌍 We provide a safe and inclusive work environment. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Because the more diverse we are, the better our work will be!
Heetch SAS is collecting your personal data (identity, contact details, academic background, professional experience and optionally a covering letter) for the processing of your application to our job offer, based on your consent.
Your personal data will only be accessible to our hiring team, our co-founders, and the manager of the position you are applying to. In addition, data are stored by our processor in order to use its applications tracking system. Your data may be stored outside of the EU/EEA but are protected by appropriated safeguards.
Your data are stored for a maximum duration of two years. If we do not reply to your application, you allow us to store your data during this term in order to potentially contact you for another position within our company or affiliates and subsidiaries.
You have a right to access to your data, to rectify them, under some conditions to erase them, and to limit the processing. Also, you have a right of portability on your data. In addition, you may revoke your consent and we shall stop processing your data. Eventually, you have a right to define directives about the fate of your data if your death should occur.