Senior Backend Engineer - Driver Engagement Team - Full Remote in Europe
Engineering – Backend
Permanent employment contract
⚠️Read before applying:
We're a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we're only working with people in locations where the time zone is:
-3 hours > Paris time zone < +3 hours
Driver Engagement Team @Heetch
We're a thoughtful and extremely talented full-stack product team. We're hiring for talent, not location, that is why you will find members of our group based remotely throughout Europe. Our mission is quite simple; Build a world-class, and engaging platform for our Drivers. Drivers use and rely on the products we build every single day to earn a living. A responsibility that we hold dear and do not take for granted.
Backend within Driver Growth
The services we support and the code we ship are critical to the business. Be it managing and calculating the Acceptance Rate and reward perks of hundreds of thousands of active drivers or building services that help our professional drivers manage their fleet and employees,
Our team's values:
• Transparency: We discuss everything openly within the team. Our speak up culture is strong.
• Remote first: Our team is fully distributed, and we work hard at that, but feel free to work from any of our offices in Paris, London, Lyon, Bruxelles or Casablanca.
• The courage to fail: We celebrate the wins, but more importantly we're not afraid to fail, we always learn and go again.
• Team Unity: No one is left behind.
• Code quality: It's not software without tests.
What will be your role?
We're looking for like-minded, product-focused Engineers that are ready for a challenge and want to have an impact at scale.
Does it sound like you?
• You've worked for more than 5 years as a software engineer including one year of working with Go in production.
• You've worked with microservices in Production.
• You're eager to improve on and push boundaries with Golang.
• You show track record of designing elegant APIs that are easy to use and well documented.
• You have a full event-driven mindset.
• You are not afraid of leaving your comfort zone.
• You are ready to make an impact at scale.
• If you have experience working with Ruby and Kafka in Production, it's a plus.
What will you do?
• Work with engineers to design, build, ship and maintain microservices in production 🚢
• When needs must, debug issues direct on production spanning multiple services and stacks.
• Contribute to architectural and design decisions, at scale, around our microservice and event-driven architecture.
• Work on large scale extraction projects, as we migrate legacy systems (Ruby) into our event-driven architecture.
• Work closely with engineers from other product teams building cross-team features at scale.
• Participate in Code Reviews and provide feedback to your colleagues.
• Share knowledge with everyone and help your team to grow.
• Have the freedom to experiment. Intrigued by a new tech or library? Go for it! Let's see how it improves our services.
• Have product ownership by working closely with Product, mobile and data teams. It's not just about writing code.
What will be your main challenges?
The Driver Engagement team is responsible for the engagement, happiness and retention of our hundreds of thousands of drivers. Which includes, but is not limited to, our Driver Rewards and Incentive-based products, Real-time earnings and report dashboards and all Driver account, fleet and profile services 🚗. Our multi-disciplined team allow us to work autonomously across the realms of our scope - Basically, this means that we own our roadmap entirely, and we empower each team member to contribute and influence how and what we work on.
If your application is selected, the process will be composed of 4 steps:
1. Non technical interview with the Engineering Manager of your potential team (1h30)
2. Take home assignment (~5 days deadline)
3. Interview with your future teammates (1h)
4. Day on site (Paris) to meet your future stakeholders
You can also have a look at our open-source projects and contributions here
Heetch SAS is collecting your personal data (identity, contact details, academic background, professional experience and optionally a covering letter) for the processing of your application to our job offer, based on your consent.
Your personal data will only be accessible to our hiring team, our co-founders, and the manager of the position you are applying to. In addition, data are stored by our processor in order to use its applications tracking system. Your data may be stored outside of the EU/EEA but are protected by appropriated safeguards.
Your data are stored for a maximum duration of two years. If we do not reply to your application, you allow us to store your data during this term in order to potentially contact you for another position within our company or affiliates and subsidiaries.
You have a right to access to your data, to rectify them, under some conditions to erase them, and to limit the processing. Also, you have a right of portability on your data. In addition, you may revoke your consent and we shall stop processing your data. Eventually, you have a right to define directives about the fate of your data if your death should occur.