Engineering Manager - Full Remote in Europe
Engineering – Engineering Management /
Permanent employment contract
ℹ️Note before applying:
We're a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we're only working with people in locations where the time zone is:
-2 hours > Paris time zone < +2 hours
Engineering Team @HEETCH
We'd love the opportunity to discuss this role with you - we consider ourselves a group of talented, motivated, caring and product focused engineers that enjoy working together to solve complex problems which improve the products that our users use on a daily basis.
The opportunity and challenge ahead for this team is huge and will have a direct impact on the success of the business as we continue to grow in 2021 and beyond in new and existing markets. To facilitate this growth we are looking for a people focused Engineering Manager that has a solid technical background and a track record of helping each member of their team grow and blossom while efficiently managing the delivery and technical vision of the team.
If you are seeking the potential to have impact at scale and have a meaningful contribution to the technical direction and vision of the company then this opportunity could be for you. This team owns business critical domains such as (but not limited to) Booking, Pricing, Loyalty and Engagement, and the challenge ahead is to redesign & build these core domains to fit into our higher level functional architecture so that the software the team ships can bring value not only today but also 3-5 years as our business expands.
You will work with other core teams such as Marketplace, Ride, DataHub, Data Science and more to achieve this vision.
What will be your role?
As Engineering Manager you will manage and lead a team of up-to 7 engineers including Backend, iOS and Android engineers. Manage and lead the teams delivery as they design domain-driven functional architecture and build scalable Go microservices in an event-driven architecture using Kafka. Work with your Product manager to ensure the team are setup to have impact on a quarterly basis.
• Work with product to define and align on the quarterly roadmap.
• Own the delivery of the team by identifying all risks, managing cross team dependencies and ensuring the projects are delivered on time
• Define, implement, and oversee a flexible and effective development process to reach the team's delivery goals
• Offer a collaborative and welcoming development environment for your team members
• Deliver high quality, high availability, highly reliable, scalable, and secure distributed systems
• Lead a fully remote and distributed team across Europe of motivated engineers spanning all experience levels
• Encourage continuous learning and development to team members to support them in their career goals
• Provide technical and non-technical guidance to the team, both individually and as a group
• Maximise team productivity and build loyalty by deeply understanding & incorporating various motivations, working styles and preferences
• Have one eye on the future spotting when we need to add to the team
• Hire and grow the Engineering team by attracting the best diverse talent
Does it sound like you?
• 2-3 years of Engineering leadership experience managing people in different locations
• Strong delivery focus
• Experience developing customer facing applications, preferably with a Backend focus
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment within a fast-growing company
• Strong communication skills: being able to interact with a variety of profiles, from technical to non-technical
• Significant track record of attracting, retaining, and mentoring top talent within the industry
• Proven ability to motivate and inspire a talented and creative technical team to perform
• Understanding and experience of building highly scalable, highly available distributed systems
• Able to develop a comprehensive platform performance and scalability strategy while continuously delivering product improvements
Studies have shown that women are less likely to apply to roles in Tech, which is why we strongly encourage you to apply even if you don't feel you match 100% of the job specifications!
You can also have a look at our open-source projects and contributions here
🌈Heetch embraces diversity and equal opportunity for everyone 🌍 We provide a safe and inclusive work environment. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Because the more diverse we are, the better our work will be!
Heetch SAS is collecting your personal data (identity, contact details, academic background, professional experience and optionally a covering letter) for the processing of your application to our job offer, based on your consent.
Your personal data will only be accessible to our hiring team, our co-founders, and the manager of the position you are applying to. In addition, data are stored by our processor in order to use its applications tracking system. Your data may be stored outside of the EU/EEA but are protected by appropriated safeguards.
Your data are stored for a maximum duration of two years. If we do not reply to your application, you allow us to store your data during this term in order to potentially contact you for another position within our company or affiliates and subsidiaries.
You have a right to access to your data, to rectify them, under some conditions to erase them, and to limit the processing. Also, you have a right of portability on your data. In addition, you may revoke your consent and we shall stop processing your data. Eventually, you have a right to define directives about the fate of your data if your death should occur.