Data Analyst and Report Specialist
Analysis and Reporting – Analysis Team
At Heliolytics we help optimize renewable energy assets by creating innovative tools that are changing the way renewable energy assets are operated and our services actively enable the increased deployment of renewable energy globally. Solar energy systems - our main operational sector - are the fastest growing source of energy globally with installed solar capacity increased by 26% last year.
We manage our full workflow in-house, from collecting imagery data using industry-leading tools and techniques, to providing clear, actionable insights for our clients to make the best decisions possible in the operation of renewable energy assets. We are currently the global leader for aerial inspections of solar arrays, and lead the industry in the development of innovative new technologies and insights.
About the role:
Our Data Analysts are critical to ensuring that the collected field data is processed correctly, and turned into clear, consistent deliverables for our clients. This is a permanent entry-level position with opportunities for growth in a fast-changing environment. This is an analytics-focused position with potential for work on cross-departmental projects and responsibilities. The role is full-time and based out of our office at Adelaide and Spadina in downtown Toronto.
About the team:
Our analysis and reporting team has grown quickly over the last 2 years, and is comprised of employees who are dedicated to producing quality work for our clients and excited about our rapidly evolving products. The team is motivated to continue to keep up with the latest industry trends, and Heliolytics is excited to provide opportunities and support for learning that will help us improve our client’s experience and develop our analysts’ skill sets.
Although much of the work the analysis team does is independent, you’ll be working closely with several members on specific client projects. Our entire team also meets twice weekly, and you’ll meet with your manager once per week to discuss project status, ideas for new products or processes, and anything else that’s on your mind. We’re a dynamic and rapidly changing team in a highly supportive and inclusive environment.
You’ll be working on things like:
- Onboarding client assets into our internal systems and digitizing them
- Analyzing collected field imagery and resulting anomaly distribution, suggesting potential issues and remediation for client assets
- Identifying trends across client portfolios and ensuring that these are communicated through our reports
- Reviewing data with our technical experts and writing client reports
- Creating other client deliverables using specialized software tools
- Tasks related to our analysis workflow, such as database management, troubleshooting and statistical analysis
Additionally, you’ll gain insight into:
- PV system components, layouts, and maintenance
- The development process of new software tools, and the creation of efficiencies for analysis processes
- Processing and presenting spatial datasets
- The North American and global renewable energy industries
To be successful, you’ll need:
- A proven ability to derive data insights - experience with data analysis, data science, statistical analysis, or handling large datasets.
- Experience with technical, academic, or professional writing.
- Experience with project management or project coordination, or experience working on projects with tight timelines, multiple stakeholders, or other complexities.
- To be detail oriented. We pride ourselves on the quality of our deliverables, and you will be responsible for ensuring that our products are the highest quality.
- Technologically proficiency, with a clear ability to learn and adapt to new software and technologies, and have advanced experience with broadly-used software packages (Adobe suite, Excel, Google suite, etc).
- Enthusiasm and an innovation mindset. We’re a small team - If a rapidly evolving job description appeals to you, and you’re keen to do your best at a variety of tasks, this might be a good fit.
Additional skills (Please highlight these skills in your application if you have them, but they are not a requirement for the position):
- Familiarity with programming or software design (the majority of coding at Heliolytics is done using python. Additional proficiency in R or SQL would be an asset)
- Experience in the solar or renewable energy industries
- Imagery interpretation experience (satellite-based imagery analysis, or air photo interpretation)
- Experience with or knowledge of scientific classification schemes
- Experience with GIS software or packages or geospatial analysis (note: this is not a GIS technician position)
Please address cover letters to Kylie McDonnell-Wade. In your cover letter, please tell us about a project you’ve worked on that you’re enthusiastic about - big or small, work or on your own time - we just want to know what interests you. Please note applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Please note that due to volume of applications, we are unable to reply to emails or phone calls about this position. Please rest assured that our team will be in touch regarding your application
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If the job description gets you pumped but your background isn’t exactly what we’ve described above, or if you strongly believe you bring qualifications beyond what we’ve outlined that would help you excel in this position, please consider applying.
Heliolytics is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs
About Heliolytics: Heliolytics was founded in 2014 by Rob Andrews and Michael Yan, in the heart of downtown Toronto. Small but quickly growing, Heliolytics is comprised of highly driven and deeply involved employees, who genuinely enjoy the work they do. We know that 9AM to 5PM at a desk in an office isn’t everyone’s most productive setting, so Heliolytics remains flexible with both work hours and location; as long as the job is getting done, everything’s gravy. We get along well enough that we’ll occasionally have milkshakes or beers together at the end of the day, but we all maintain our own vibrant social lives outside of work.