Dietician - Telemedicine
Palo Alto; Remote within US also OK /
Alpha Medical is building a core clinical team of licensed dieticians eager to be at the forefront of providing telemedicine health care to patients in need.
Dieticians will work directly with our Chief Medical Officer, Director of Clinical Operations, and Dietician Advisor to provide nutrition services on the Alpha platform. Dieticians will work remotely and provide direct patient care via asynchronous telemedicine. This role is contract-based with potential for developing into a full-time job.
- Provide individualized medical nutrition therapy (MNT) via asynchronous sessions to patients with a variety of health and lifestyle needs
- Provide tailored nutrition education and counseling to clients/patients via an asynchronous telemedicine platform
- Provide individualized nutrition education to clients through evidence-based nutrition care.
- Document care in electronic medical record according to Nutrition Care Process
- Provide weight, gender, age, racially and ethnically inclusive content and coaching.
- Communicate effectively and empathetically with clients/patients through HIPAA-compliant and electronic messaging
- Strong academic and applied background in medical nutrition therapy across a variety of health conditions.
- Active experience providing nutrition counseling to patients
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with colleagues, patients/clients, and care team
- Ability to learn new technology and software and integrate it into practice
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational skills and ability to accomplish work independently
- B.S. Degree from an accredited institution; M.S. or MPH preferred
- Credentialing as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) and Licensed Dietitian (state-dependent)
- Maintenance of continuing education
- Minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of professional experience in dietetics
You might be a great fit if you are:
- Dedicated to providing evidence-based care to our patients in a respectful, empathetic, and timely manner
- Skilled at using online tools and technology to foster relationships with patients and staff
- Excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment where processes may change quickly and frequently
- Eager to engage in constant process improvement to help us refine our tools and operations for improved care delivery
- Hold multiple active state license(s) (Please specify which licenses you have.)
- Willing and eligible to apply for licensure in other states at Alpha’s direction and expense
About the company
Alpha Medical is an exciting startup based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Together, we have developed a fully HIPAA-compliant, asynchronous telemedicine solution that streamlines and enables an accessible and convenient way for both uninsured and insured patients to obtain care for a growing number of medical conditions. Patients are ready for healthcare delivery that matches the accessibility they’ve come to expect from other service sectors, and Alpha is putting that capability in their hands. We diagnose and treat a growing list of medical conditions, including: anxiety and depression, women's reproductive health, skincare, urgent care (bladder infection, cold & flu, cold sores, genital herpes, vaginitis), and chronic medical conditions (asthma, GERD, hypothyroidism, high cholesterol, migraine, and tobacco cessation). Patients access the service through our mobile- and desktop-friendly website. We currently provide care via telemedicine in AL, AZ, CA, CT, CO, DC, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MO, MS, MT, NC, NE, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, TN, VA, VT, WA, WI, WY with plans to continue our state expansion.