Data Scientist - Clinical Informatics
Palo Alto; Remote within US also OK /
We are looking for a Data Scientist in Clinical Informatics to lead and manage our clinical outcomes and operational data. You will own all aspects of hypothesis generation, experiment design, data collection, analysis and reporting. The result of your work will directly impact our commercial effort and you will collaborate closely across functions to prioritize data needs.
- The ideal candidate will have the analytical expertise with a natural curiosity and creative passion towards improving health outcomes for patients. As you explore, interpret and clean our data, we will rely on you to proactively ask questions, connect the dots, and uncover opportunities that lie hidden within—all with the ultimate goal of improving patient outcome while optimizing for clinical efficiency.
- You will work as the lead data advocate to identify opportunities and gaps in our clinical data, propose relevant improvement/automation and work closely with the Clinical, Product and Engineering team to strategize, execute and validate.
- The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and is comfortable presenting relevant and succinct data insights to various stakeholders at all levels. You should be flexible to manage changing priorities within a high-growth environment.
- You will execute analytical experiments methodically to help solve various problems and make a true impact for patients and our clinical team. You will bring data insights back to internal teams including Product, Marketing and Operations.
- You will work closely with our clinical team to build hypotheses, measure, test, and validate clinical outcomes. You will own measurement and reporting of clinical operations metrics, and be exceptionally comfortable with dashboards.
- You will work closely with our commercial and design team to slice and dice data for presentations and visualizations of clinical outcome data. The ideal candidate should help with thought leadership content using data - from earned media to blog posts to peer reviewed articles.
- Bachelor's degree in analytical fields such as Computer Science, Engineering, Math/Statistics or Healthcare related areas. Advanced degree preferred.
- 2+ years industry experience, preferably in healthcare and clinical informatics.
- Experience with Excel, SQL, and programming/scripting languages.
- Comfort working in a dynamic, data-driven team with several ongoing concurrent projects.
- Must reside in the US
You may be a great fit if you are…
- Constantly thinking about ways to measure and improve patient outcomes
- Independent and self-motivated to work remotely
- Have a passion for delivering scalable tech-enabled solutions to drive down cost and improve clinical outcomes for patients
- Able to communicate data insights/problems effectively to non-technical members of the team
- Excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment where you will play a leading role in developing our foundational clinical dataset
- Adaptable in a fast-paced startup environment where priorities may change quickly and frequently
- Being a part of a collaborative team that is actively increasing affordable access to healthcare for all persons
- Working Remotely
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Flexible vacation
- Health, dental, and vision
- 401k retirement savings plan with company matching