Alpha RN - Advice Nurse (Full-Time Remote)
Alpha Medical - Alpha Care Coordinator - Advice RN (Full-Time) - Remote
Alpha Medical (www.helloalpha.com) is on a mission to make access to quality healthcare easy, affordable, and convenient.
Alpha Medical (www.helloalpha.com) is looking for a candidate that is passionate about our mission and understands the value we are bringing to our patients with our services. Please make sure you have an understanding of our company and telemedicine before applying.
Alpha Medical is seeking an Alpha Care Coordinator - RN (ACC-RN) with a passion for patient advocacy and improving the way people access healthcare today. The ACC-RN will work directly with the Chief Medical Director, Patient Operations Director, and Director of Clinical Operations to plan and implement clinical process improvements. The ACC-RN further functions as a liaison between patient care coordinators and the clinical team. You will be a member of our clinical care team responsible for navigating patients through a telemedicine experience using your knowledge, clinical experience, and oral and written communicative prowess and passion for patient advocacy.
Hours needed are 11-hour shifts (hour break included), alternating weekends.
- Adhere to clinical guidelines and telemedicine regulations.
- Work with the Chief Medical Director, Clinical Operations Director, and the Director of Patient Operations to create and implement process improvements for both the patient and clinician experiences.
- Collaborate in the clinical implementation of new medical conditions.
- Actively participate in daily clinical operations tasks that include resolving order issues with our partner pharmacies, monitoring and following up on patient and provider messages and requests, tracking/documenting within specified time intervals.
- Evaluate, assess, and document patients’ questions, concerns, and appropriate intervention(s). Must implement critical thinking to provide the best allocation of health services per patient's need (i.e. further evaluation with in-person PCP or OB-GYN, referral to local urgent care/ER, etc.). Appointment scheduling may be involved.
- Be able to navigate through various software applications simultaneously, including handling inbound calls and performing patient callbacks.
- Handle inquiries and complaints pursuant to procedures, by adhering to legal and ethical requirements, and company policies and procedures.
- Self-directed in providing positive and negative feedback in order to improve patient care.
- Works effectively with others by resolving conflicts and assisting others to cope with stressful situations.
- Support efforts to meet or exceed objectives in key performance indicators that include: inquiry response times, ticketing management (for bugs and issues), customer satisfaction, and renewal metrics.
- Board Certified Registered Nurse with ten or more years of experience in ambulatory Primary Care, including women’s reproductive health, and mental health conditions.
- Minimum 5 years triage/ advice experience
- Empathy for all persons seeking medical care and support.
- Comfortable and productive working independently, developing and implementing process improvement projects.
- Ability to delegate and make sound clinical judgments with patient safety as a top priority.
- Experience working with electronic medical or health records (EMR, EHR)
- Experience working with Google Docs or Microsoft Office, especially worksheets/Excel
- Experience with platforms like Athena EMR, Zendesk are a plus; willingness to learn is a must.
- Exceptional organizational and written and verbal communication skills, both in English and Spanish.
You may be a great fit if you are…
- Independent and self-motivated to work remotely
- Technologically savvy and skilled at using online tools and technology to deliver care and communicate with patients.
- Excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment where you will play a key role in developing our foundational processes and content for customer success & clinical operations.
- Comfortable and excited about being a part of a collaborative patient-care team that includes doctors, nurse practitioners, nurses, and pharmacy technicians.
- Super organized and capable of ensuring all patients’ needs are addressed thoughtfully and promptly at the close of each day.
- Adaptable in a fast-paced startup environment where growth is fast and change is constant.
- Willingness to be on-call on occasional weekends, holidays, or evenings.
- Being a part of a collaborative team that is actively increasing affordable access to healthcare for all persons and being able to see your impact on patients, immediately.
- Working remotely
- Competitive salary
- Flexible vacation
- Health, dental, and vision
- 401k retirement savings plan
About the company
- Alpha Medical is an exciting startup based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Together, we have developed a fully HIPAA-compliant, asynchronous telemedicine solution that streamlines and enables an accessible and convenient way for both uninsured and insured patients to obtain care for a growing number of medical conditions. Patients are ready for healthcare delivery that matches the accessibility they’ve come to expect from other service sectors, and Alpha is putting that capability in their hands. We diagnose and treat a growing list of medical conditions, including: women's reproductive health, skincare, primary and urgent care (asthma, bladder infection, cold & flu, cold sores, genital herpes, vaginitis). Patients access the service through our mobile- and desktop-friendly website. We currently provide care via telemedicine in CA, FL, GA, IL, NY, OH, TX, VA, TN, MO, WA, MI, NE, CO, MT, NJ, MD, SC, IA, VT, ME, NV, PA, NH, AZ, SD, WI, ID, OR, NC, WY, MS, AL, KS, KY, DE, DC, RI, HI, CT, NM, MA and WV (more coming soon) with plans to continue our state expansion.
- Alpha Medical is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.