Senior UX Designer
Palo Alto; Remote within US also OK /
Alpha Medical is seeking a Senior UX Designer with a passion for patient advocacy and innovating the way women access healthcare today.
Patients are seeking a more convenient and affordable way to access quality healthcare. The Senior UX designer will work closely with our Creative, Product, and Engineering teams to ensure that our asynchronous telemedicine platform meets both patient and clinician needs by combining interfaces and workflows to enhance user experience. This platform includes the marketing website, the “Patient Dashboard” that patients use to view their services and message the Alpha Care Team, and the “Clinician Dashboard” that the Alpha Care Team uses to view, manage and communicate with our patients.
In this role, you will get exposure to consumer healthcare needs and interactions, while ensuring extraordinary user experiences. You should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems. A strong portfolio of successful UX/UI and other technical projects is essential. Ultimately, you will make our product more user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain patients and clinicians.
- Understand product specifications and user mindset
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Define the right interaction model and robust design system - evaluate its success
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability)
- Design and implement designs that are true to the Alpha Medical brand
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers and clinicians to create intuitive, user-friendly Clinician Dashboard
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends
- Nimble and autonomous: Learn quickly, operate with high autonomy, and willing to make a deep and focused commitment to growing the business
- Patient-focused mindset: Empathy for all persons seeking medical care and support
- User-focused design mindset: Think like the patient or clinician and address their needs
- Process-oriented: Penchant for being organized, and creating elegant processes / organizational structures
- Action-oriented: A strong bias towards action and task completion in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for health care: You will be living and breathing health care, and you must be able to demonstrate an ongoing interest in improving the patient and clinician experience
- Technical Skills:
- Proven experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer, HCI Designer or similar role
- Strong portfolio of design projects in the healthcare space
- Familiarity with user/persona research, interaction design, information architecture, and clinician dashboard type of systems
- Proficient in design software (e.g. Sketch, InDesign, UXPin, Balsamiq)
- BS in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Applicable Experience:
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in UX design at a healthcare/tech company
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical mind with a business acumen
- Excellent communication skills
Bonus Background Experience
- Telemedicine experience
- Graphic design, print, and packaging experience
- Background in project management and research
You may be a great fit if you are...
- Independent and self-motivated to work remotely
- Excited to work in a collaborative team where you will play a key design role and work closely with cross-functional partners
- Adaptable in a fast-paced startup environment where priorities may change quickly and frequently
- Being a part of a collaborative team that is actively increasing affordable access to healthcare for all persons
- Working Remotely
- Competitive salary
- Flexible vacation
- Health, dental, and vision
- 401k retirement savings plan with company matching
About the company
Alpha Medical is an exciting healthcare startup based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Together, we have developed a fully HIPAA-compliant, asynchronous telemedicine solution that streamlines and enables an accessible and convenient way for both uninsured and insured patients to obtain care for a growing number of medical conditions.
Patients are ready for healthcare delivery that matches the accessibility they’ve come to expect from other service sectors, and Alpha is putting that capability in their hands. We diagnose and treat a growing list of medical conditions covering Primary & Urgent Care, Women’s Health, and Mental Health. Patients access the service through our mobile and desktop-friendly website. We currently provide care via telemedicine in 46 states and DC.