Staff Software Engineer, Risk Engine
Austin, TX or Dallas, TX /
Engineering – Engineering /
Who We Are
Bestow is a digital life insurance company built on full stack technology and AI. In a world in need of greater financial resilience and protection, Bestow democratizes access to smart financial products and powers some of the world’s leading consumer platforms. We are reimagining and rebuilding a 400-year-old, $7 trillion industry to create a brighter future for millions of families. And we’re just getting started.
The Bestow team is a diverse band of first principles thinkers on a mission to do good. We’re fortunate to be backed by leading investors and partners including Valar Ventures, NEA, 8VC and MunichRe.
As a Staff Software Engineer (Back End) on the Risk Engine team, you will collaborate with your teammates (software engineers) and product managers, building and iterating our product functionality around determining risk. Our team values the process of getting a little bit better everyday, whether that improvement be of the product, the code, the team and/or yourself. Some of the challenges our team are currently tackling include, scaling for higher volumes of traffic, larger assortment of product offerings and increasing observability of our production systems.
Open to Austin, TX or Dallas, TX or Remote
Challenges on which you can expect to work:
- Building Product Features. We're a startup with a long product roadmap. You'll be working with a team to make that roadmap a reality.
- You will be developing new product features using Python 3, Golang, and PostgreSQL.
- Resolving issues with previously delivered features.
- Writing unit and integration tests for code you create.
- Peer review code developed by others on your team;
- Ensure software is secure, maintainable and extensible;
- Collaborate with designers, product managers and other engineers.
- Fostering Best Practices. We might be small but we've got big ambitions. Folks joining the team will be defining our software engineering culture. You are someone that strives to build a premier engineering organization.
- Encourage automation and continuous improvement.
A Little About You:
- Minimum 8+ years of back end software development experience
- Professional experience with Python 3; Experience with Flask a plus
- Professional experience with a relational database like PostgreSQL
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices a plus
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication
- A desire and willingness to learn
- Initiative and motivation to make things happen
What We Can Offer to You
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Generous PTO
- Flexible schedule and work/life balance
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Choose your own computer setup (Mac or PC)
- Office snacks and weekly team lunches
- Team building events and activities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bestow does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.