Senior Data Analyst
Dallas, TX /
Engineering – Engineering /
Who We Are
Bestow is a digital life insurance company built on full stack technology and AI. In a world in need of greater financial resilience and protection, Bestow democratizes access to smart financial products and powers some of the world’s leading consumer platforms. We are reimagining and rebuilding a 400-year-old, $7 trillion industry to create a brighter future for millions of families. And we’re just getting started.
The Bestow team is a diverse band of first principles thinkers on a mission to do good. We’re fortunate to be backed by leading investors and partners including Valar Ventures, NEA, 8VC and MunichRe.
Bestow is searching for a Senior Data Analyst to join our fast-paced and growing data & analytics team. We are looking for someone who has experience with SQL/Python, business intelligence tools, KPI tracking, and using data to uncover actionable insights. In this role, you will be working alongside the data & analytics team to build a robust and comprehensive analytics practice to drive decision making within Bestow.
We are looking for someone who is proficient in SQL (and ideally Python) who can juggle multiple projects at once. Someone in this role will be expected to work with numerous departments within the organization, clearly communicate updates to business stakeholders, and collaborate with team members as well as handle individual work. If all of this is in your wheelhouse we would really like to hear from you!
Open to Dallas, TX or Austin, TX
Your Day to Day
- Create reports and dashboards that clearly communicate the story behind the data to key business stakeholders
- Conduct exploratory analysis with various datasets to uncover actionable insights to drive strategy and decision making; clearly communicate these findings with key stakeholders across the company
- Monitor key KPIs across the company and build analysis to explain any deviations from expected thresholds
- Increase BI tool adoption within the company: create training materials, lead training sessions, partner with all teams within organization to ensure they have the tools they need to be successful
- Write SQL queries that clean, join, and extract data from our data warehouse to put together various types of analysis
- Collaborate with data engineering team to obtain access to needed datasets and develop model for ideal data structure
- Partner with data science team to build datasets and predictive models
- Work closely with internal partners in underwriting, product, engineering, customer experience, finance, and other teams to ensure data integrity and consistency in reporting
A Little About You
- Bachelor's degree in relevant quantitative field
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency. Bestow does not sponsor applicants for work visas at this time.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in a data or analytics related position
- Experience working with relational databases, ideally using GCP products
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in SQL (window functions, row number functions, CTEs, complex join logic, identifying and removing duplicates)
- Exceptional quantitative skills and fluency with data and its interpretation and impact on business strategy
- Strong communication skills and experience working with multiple team leads across a company
- Familiarity with or exposure to Python
- Experience with business intelligence tools (Tableau, Looker, Periscope, etc…)
- Demonstrated experience communicating complex concepts with data
- Great attention to detail and quality of work
What We Can Offer to You
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule and work/life balance
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Office snacks and weekly team lunches
- Team building events and activities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bestow does not sponsor applicants for work visas at this time.