Dallas, TX /
Insurance Operations – Insurance Operations /
Who We Are
Bestow is a digital life insurance company built on full stack technology and AI. In a world in need of greater financial resilience and protection, Bestow democratizes access to smart financial products and powers some of the world’s leading consumer platforms. We are reimagining and rebuilding a 400-year-old, $7 trillion industry to create a brighter future for millions of families. And we’re just getting started.
The Bestow team is a diverse band of first principles thinkers on a mission to do good. We’re fortunate to be backed by leading investors and partners including Valar Ventures, NEA, 8VC and MunichRe.
Who We’re Looking For
Bestow is hiring a self-starter Accounting Specialist who wants to make a big impact at one of the fastest growing tech startups in Texas. The ideal candidate has experience in life insurance administration and enjoys delighting customers and brings new ideas to the table but also works collaboratively.
As an Accounting Specialist you provide exceptional customer service and determine what we should do to improve the customer experience. You provide helpful information, answer questions, and manage financial payments for customers.
As the first person of support for our customers, you go above and beyond to help ensure that customers are satisfied with products, services and features. You are empathetic and work collaboratively across departments to share customer feedback to help the company make customer-centric decisions.
What You Will Do:
- Be an advocate for customers and help/train other teams on what we should do to better to cater to customer needs.
- Process various task functions and disbursements of loans, surrenders and withdrawals etc while accounting for 1099 reporting.
- Respond to inbound customer inquiries over phone and email.
- Fulfill customer requests as it relates to the customer’s annuity, pension or life insurance policy and ensure annuity payments to customers are paid in a timely manner as scheduled.
- Research and clear ACH rejections/returned checks and regenerate payments as needed, and process requests for Electronic Fund Transfers (EFT) set-up and changes.
- Research, analyze and resolve suspense transactions and exceptions and analyze various suspense accounts daily and apply or disburse check requisitions for approval.
- Prepare detailed accounting transactions relating to annuity payments and loan payment histories if needed.
- Process daily and monthly accounting reconciliation of all suspense accounts, cash clearing, disbursement and stale accounts.
- Support the Shell Co business and Customer Experience team as needed and demonstrate the ability to gain a high level of understanding of Bestow products and operational procedures.
- Research problematic annuities and insurance policies and provide resolution.
- Correct exceptional complex policy changes and elevated inquiries.
- Work with vendor in regards to LifePRO admin system to troubleshoot and resolve system issues.
- Complete all other tasks and projects as assigned by management.
A Little About You:
- 3+ years’ experience in annuity and life insurance related customer service
- Accounting/Financial processing experience a plus
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Suite or equivalent
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with concurrent priorities
- Ability to partner with and influence business and technical stakeholders
- Flexible with regard to work hours and overtime
- Bachelor’s Degree
What We Can Offer to You:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Flexible schedule and work/life balance
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Choose your computer setup (Mac or PC)
- Office snacks and weekly team lunches
- Team building events and activities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bestow does not sponsor applicants for work visas at this time.