Senior Software Engineer, Onboarding Experience
Austin, TX or Dallas, TX /
Engineering – Engineering /
Who We Are
Bestow is a digital life insurance company built on full stack technology and AI. In a world in need of greater financial resilience and protection, Bestow democratizes access to smart financial products and powers some of the world’s leading consumer platforms. We are reimagining and rebuilding a 400-year-old, $7 trillion industry to create a brighter future for millions of families. And we’re just getting started.
The Bestow team is a diverse band of first principles thinkers on a mission to do good. We’re fortunate to be backed by leading investors and partners including Valar Ventures, NEA, 8VC and MunichRe.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Onboarding Experience team, you will collaborate with your teammates (software engineers) and product managers, building and iterating our product functionality in our onboarding process. This is a full stack position. Our team values the process of getting a little bit better everyday, whether that improvement be of the product, the code, the team and/or yourself. Some of the challenges our team are currently tackling include, scaling for higher volumes of traffic, larger assortment of product offerings and increasing observability of our production systems.
Open to Austin, TX or Dallas, TX or Remote
A Little About You:
- You have 4+ years of professional full stack software development experience.
- Professional experience with Python.
- Professional experience with React; Experience with Redux a plus.
- Experience using Docker for local software development.
- A champion for Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices a plus.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication.
- You thrive in a highly independent work culture and are capable of working autonomously.
- You have initiative and motivation to make things happen.
- You always want to sit next to the person who is smarter than you because you value a culture of mentorship and learning.
- You are egoless, hold yourself accountable and you have a thoughtful approach to adopting new technology.
- You are looking to bring your voice and talent to a mission-driven company in ways that help it to grow and expand its reach.
What We Can Offer to You
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Generous PTO
- Flexible schedule and work/life balance
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Choose your own computer setup (Mac or PC)
- Office snacks and weekly team lunches
- Team building events and activities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bestow does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.