In-House Associate Counsel
Dallas, TX /
Legal – Corporate /
Who We Are
Bestow is a digital life insurance company built on full stack technology and AI. In a world in need of greater financial resilience and protection, Bestow democratizes access to smart financial products and powers some of the world’s leading consumer platforms. We are reimagining and rebuilding a 400-year-old, $7 trillion industry to create a brighter future for millions of families. And we’re just getting started.
The Bestow team is a diverse band of first principles thinkers on a mission to do good. We’re fortunate to be backed by leading investors and partners including Valar Ventures, NEA, 8VC and MunichRe.
Reporting to our General Counsel, Bestow is seeking a top-rate In-House Associate Counsel to join our Legal Team. Our Legal Team is energetic, smart and business-minded on the professional front, and genuinely good people on the personal front. The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about the Bestow mission, possess exceptional analytical and communication skills, and enjoy being continually challenged in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment. A good sense of humor, sound judgment, and ability to navigate amongst conflicting priorities are essential.
Your Day to Day
- Structure, draft and negotiate a broad range of commercial contracts (including marketing agreements, partnership agreements, and advertising insertion orders) and Non Disclosure Agreements (NDAs).
- Assist with legal department projects as assigned, including efforts to develop, implement and enhance processes that improve transaction velocity without material increases in risk.
- Stay on top of changing regulations, laws, and industry standards and effectively work with a variety of business stakeholders to develop and implement practices that support innovation and growth while maintaining appropriate commercial risk.
- Research regulatory issues and draft internal memorandums outlining corporate applications
- Provide advice and general legal support; create and maintain contract templates and updated standard clauses; review and approve a variety of corporate documents, applications, registrations, and regulatory matters, as may be required.
- Anything else that gets thrown your way as needed to support a dynamic, innovative company.
- At least 3-5 years of experience with exceptional academic and law firm credentials; in-house experience considered a plus
- Experience supporting the fintech community from a contracting and Information Technology perspective
- Knowledge of privacy, data protection and consumer protection requirements
- You are an excellent negotiator who knows how to keep complex legal negotiations simple and clear.
- You are a practical and proactive problem solver who possesses strong business acumen and is confident and calm under fire.
- You are able to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced environment and get the right things done, and you possess strong organizational skills
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are an excellent team member.
- You possess a strong desire to help build out the legal department and take advantage of the growth opportunities working in-house at Bestow.
- JD from an accredited US law school.
- Member of a State Bar and in good standing.
What We Can Offer You
- Competitive salary
- Generous PTO
- Flexible schedule and work/life balance
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Choose your own computer setup (Mac or PC)
- Office snacks and weekly team lunches
- Team building events and activities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bestow does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.