Insurance Product – Insurance Product /
Who We Are
Bestow is a digital life insurance company built on full stack technology and AI. In a world in need of greater financial resilience and protection, Bestow democratizes access to smart financial products and powers some of the world’s leading consumer platforms. We are reimagining and rebuilding a 400-year-old, $7 trillion industry to create a brighter future for millions of families. And we’re just getting started.
The Bestow team is a diverse band of first principles thinkers on a mission to do good. We’re fortunate to be backed by leading investors and partners including Valar Ventures, NEA, 8VC and MunichRe.
As an Insurance Underwriter, you will apply your life insurance underwriting expertise to the development and monitoring of our insurance products. Responsibilities will include contributing to new application questions and reflexives, supporting and monitoring our instant decision underwriting platform, auditing application and third-party underwriting data decisions, and supporting the governance of underwriting development.
All of these areas of responsibility will utilize a modern framework and adhere to the best-in-class technology standards we have here at Bestow. Your work will be instrumental in helping us become the insurance company of the 21st century. Do you love using modern tools to improve processes and enhance understanding? Do you love working in an environment that is mission driven to fundamentally change the industry? We'd love to hear from you.
Challenges on which you can expect to work:
You will be a part of the Insurance Product Development team (Underwriters, Actuaries, Data Analysts/Engineers/Scientists), while working across Bestow with Marketing, Customer Experience, User Experience and various engineering teams. As the industry is evolving rapidly, the solutions developed will need to balance efficiency, flexibility, and control. The position will have high visibility and opportunity for growth.
A Little About You
- 4+ years of experience underwriting life insurance products
- Good technical background (proficiency with spreadsheets)
- Experience with process and data visualization tools a plus
- SQL experience a plus
- You excel in an independent work culture
- You always want to sit next to the person who is smarter than you because you value a culture of mentorship and learning
- You are egoless and you have a thoughtful approach to adopting new technology
- You are looking to bring your voice and experience to a mission-driven company in ways that help it to expand its reach
What We Can Offer to You
- Great compensation package
- Flexible schedule and work/life balance
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- 13” MacBook Air laptop
- Team building events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bestow does not sponsor applicants for work visas at this time.