Dallas, TX /
Insurance Operations – Insurance Operations /
Who We Are
Bestow is a digital life insurance company built on full stack technology and AI. In a world in need of greater financial resilience and protection, Bestow democratizes access to smart financial products and powers some of the world’s leading consumer platforms. We are reimagining and rebuilding a 400-year-old, $7 trillion industry to create a brighter future for millions of families. And we’re just getting started.
The Bestow team is a diverse band of first principles thinkers on a mission to do good. We’re fortunate to be backed by leading investors and partners including Valar Ventures, NEA, 8VC and MunichRe.
Bestow is hiring a self-starter Operations Analyst who wants to make a big impact at one of the fastest growing tech startups in Texas. The ideal candidate has experience delighting customers and brings new ideas to the table but also works collaboratively.
As an Operations Analyst you are responsible for identifying and solving issues related to performance of insurance operations. You will participate and/or lead and execute key projects and be the functional expert for operations. You are process-driven, analytical, empathetic, proactive, and work collaboratively across departments.
What You’ll Do:
- Participate in operational projects to gather and document business requirements via stakeholder interviews and independent research.
- Create business requirements documents, use cases, and other requirements artifacts.
- Lead ongoing reviews of business processes and operating models, and develop optimization strategies for continued process improvement, produce process maps and document standard operating procedures.
- Understand system capabilities and gaps and participate in the process to replace existing technologies with solutions that meet business objectives as the company scales.
- Consult with Operations Management, Underwriting, Actuarial, Legal, Finance and Engineering on contractual, regulatory, technological, and/or processes to resolve business objectives, define project scope, issues and options and present to management for decision.
- Accurately and appropriately execute projects, define project test conditions, develop accurate and complete test plans and conduct testing according to plan. As well as take action to identify, track and report issues in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate the ability to gain a high level of knowledge of Bestow products and operational procedures in order to gather and analyze data in supporting the business.
- Research problematic insurance policies and provide resolution, correct exceptional complex policy changes and elevated inquiries, and work with Product Management and Engineering to develop and test system modifications.
- Research, prepare, distribute and resolve incoming state insurance department complaints in collaboration operational leaders, and provide verbal and/or written communication to the complainant, of the company’s decision.
- Complete all other tasks and projects as assigned by management.
A Little About You:
- 3+ years experience in life insurance related customer service, or a comparable industry
- Project lead/analyst experience preferred
- Strong analytical, project management and organizational skills
- Strong process improvement and business case development experience
- Ability to work independently and able to prioritize competing initiatives
- Outstanding verbal, written and documentation skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Suite or equivalent
- Knowledge of Confluence and JIRA
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with concurrent priorities
- Ability to partner with and influence business and technical stakeholders
- Flexible with regard to work hours and overtime
What We Can Offer to You:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Flexible schedule and work/life balance
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Choose your computer setup (Mac or PC)
- Office snacks and weekly team lunches
- Team building events and activities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bestow does not sponsor applicants for work visas at this time.