Technical Project Manager/Scrum Master
Austin, TX or Dallas, TX /
Engineering – Engineering /
Who We Are
Bestow is a digital life insurance company built on full stack technology and AI. In a world in need of greater financial resilience and protection, Bestow democratizes access to smart financial products and powers some of the world’s leading consumer platforms. We are reimagining and rebuilding a 400-year-old, $7 trillion industry to create a brighter future for millions of families. And we’re just getting started.
The Bestow team is a diverse band of first principles thinkers on a mission to do good. We’re fortunate to be backed by leading investors and partners including Valar Ventures, NEA, 8VC and MunichRe.
Hire in Austin and Dallas, TX
As a Technical Project Manager/Scrum Master you encourage the product delivery process across one or more teams. Your work helps us figure out when we can achieve software projects. Do you love working with product managers, engineering managers, engineers and designers to help them work more effectively by using your technical background? We'd love to hear from you.
Challenges on which you can expect to work:
Work with Engineering, Product and Design to build a software delivery process to improve delivery speed without sacrificing communication and team effectiveness. Things change over time. You can put in place just the right amount of process for each situation.
You measure the health of each project as it progresses. This measurement will be used to predict delivery estimates and uncover opportunities or risks.
Work with engineers to determine and measure software quality metrics.
Create and maintain JIRA boards to track project progress and provide status to team members.
Monitor projects and estimate the probability that it will complete on or before the target.
Identify anything that reduces or increases the probability of completion.
Facilitate a variety of technical and non technical meetings including agile ceremonies such as standup, planning, retrospectives etc
Encourage technical discussions to foster teamwork and gain insights in to project risk/scope.
You will be called upon to communicate with all members of the delivery team. You work with the Engineering Manager and Product Manager to plan what the team will achieve and the timeline for that delivery. As projects proceed you communicate status and raise a flag if things are going off-track. You communicate status throughout product development. You find the most best channels and frequency of communication.
Send regular progress updates to team leads.
Communicate roadblocks or delays in estimated delivery.
You are a central component of your delivery teams. You should present a level-headed, objective perspective to balance the often opposing needs of Product and Engineering. Your voice will be the most influential in suggesting improvements to the way we work. You are a coach to the team looking for ways members can be more engaging.
Identify and quickly resolve blockers and assess technical risks.
Help the team prioritize work.
Coach, mentor and foster a positive/environment that values collaboration.
Ability to adapt to a scaling organization.
A Little About You:
- 3+ years of technical software development project management experience.
- Experience facilitating the breakdown of technical work into manageable tasks.
- Train as an Agile coach or Certified Scrum Master.
- Working with stakeholders to better understand and define tasks for the team.
- Identify technical constraints and dependencies when breaking work down.
- Ability to implement process and lead change.
- You excel in an independent work culture.
- You always want to sit next to the person who is smarter than you because you value a culture of mentorship and learning.
- You are egoless and you have a thoughtful approach to adopting new technology.
- You are looking to bring your voice and experience to a mission-driven company in ways that help it to expand.
What We Can Offer You
- Great compensation package
- Generous PTO
- Flexible schedule and work/life balance
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Choose your computer setup (Mac or PC)
- Office snacks and weekly team lunches
- Team building activities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bestow does not sponsor applicants for work visas at this time.