Front End Engineer
Eave is looking for a front end engineer to help us make ethical mortgages easy. You’ll join an experienced engineering team building the industry’s most sophisticated technology platform from scratch.
Eave makes ethical mortgages easy. We are rebuilding the $10 Trillion mortgage industry from first principles. We allow creditworthy homebuyers to bid on and buy a home like a cash buyer. Our experience is 50x better than the industry standard. We eliminate 75% of the complexity of the industry. We save homebuyers $1000s and weeks of frustration. We have rebuilt all of mortgage origination, underwriting, and funding from scratch in a full-stack, automated, software platform.
Eave is well-funded and backed by successful fintech entrepreneurs, engineers, bank owners, and investors from institutions like Stripe, Two Sigma, Square, Google, Blackrock, Nerdwallet, and Bessemer.
What gets you excited
- Overturning archaic orthodoxies in the largest area of our economy
- Building a machine process so that individuals are rapidly, scalably underwritten to their true creditworthiness without human intervention
- Solving emotional pain points for millions of people, which wastes extraordinary amounts of time & money
- Fixing real-world problems elegantly, versus with the most technologically advanced solution
- Clear communication & collaboration w/ engineering & operations to eliminate error & wasted dev cycles
- Using your past experience building software from pre-product to fast growth to help your colleagues learn and grow
Languages / stacks / front-end functionality expertise
- Make informed decisions regarding tools and frameworks and implement them in a manner enabling every engineer to productively make front end changes
- Share your expertise and experience in front-end architecture with every engineer
- Experience maintaining large, long-term products for over a year
- A deep understanding of the web and how a browser works
- You’re comfortable debating the pros and cons of different languages(ES6, Flow, TypeScript) and frameworks(React, Redux, Angular) and making a case for your decisions
- An eagerness to broaden your skills to the full stack
Our Promise to You
Your potential to help achieve our mission is the only thing that matters. We do not care about pre-defined academic or past employer stereotypes.
You will succeed at Eave if you:
- Are constantly curious
- Prefer rapid iteration
- Never settle for the status quo
- Enjoy helping others succeed
- Embrace change