Medical Case Aide
Pittsburgh, PA /
Family Services /
Hello Neighbor is seeking a Medical Case Aide who will support Hello Neighbor’s Intensive Case Management and Smart Start Programs to provide case support services to refugees and immigrants with a focus on pregnancy support, medical intensity, and other high needs vulnerabilities among our client cases. The Medical Case Aide will help to coordinate and attend medical appointments and other community-based service provider appointments.
The range of assignments make this role an exceptional launch pad for personal and professional growth – within Hello Neighbor and beyond. Commitment to staff development is central to the culture we are creating at Hello Neighbor.
Founded in 2017, Hello Neighbor works to improve the lives of recently resettled refugee families by matching them with dedicated neighbors to guide and support them in their new lives. We’ve expanded from our mentorship program to now include refugee resettlement services, family service programs, a national program supporting other refugee and immigrant nonprofits around the country.
This is an in-house position at our Pittsburgh, PA office in Larimer. We are currently on a hybrid return-to-work and in the office on Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays. We require COVID-19 vaccination and a booster for full-time employees. Please note, this position does require a large amount of field or community work throughout the Greater Pittsburgh Region.
Report To: Intensive Support Program Manager
- Assist with case management for vulnerable refugees, immigrants, and asylee seekers enrolled in the ICM Program and the Smart Start Program
- Emphasis on medical case management aspects of the programs with additional support to other areas of case management as needed
- Conduct referral call backs, screening, intakes, and assessments of clients. Provide timely, detailed documentation including case notes for all services and interactions
- Schedule and support transportation and accompany clients to medical appointments at various hospitals and doctors’ offices throughout Allegheny County
- Share on-call responsibility on a rotating basis with other program staff
- Provide bus training as needed
- Assist clients in learning to navigate and access their healthcare through hands-on individualized teaching and assistance
- Assist clients in accessing benefits, services, and resources that they are eligible for (examples include MATP, Health Coaching, SSDI, and more)
- Advocate for culturally appropriate care standards and coordinates interpretation and translation services for families as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent employment experience
- Requires 1 year of related and/or applicable work experience and a demonstrated ability to effectively work with refugee and immigrant communities
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Car, valid driver’s license, and proof of insurance
- Willingness to transport families in your own personal vehicle
- Alignment with and support of Hello Neighbor’s core values
- Digital literacy and the ability to learn new softwares
- Experience (even limited) within the medical field or maternity care is a plus Comfort navigating the US healthcare system including insurance a strong plus
- Experience working with interpreters highly valued
- Flexibility and ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- Ability to be on call for entire weekends and evenings on a rotating schedule with your team
- Lived migration experience and fluency in other languages a plus
- A team player
- Energetic, motivated and hardworking
- Ability to take direction and work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Passion for community building, refugee and immigrant rights
- Ability to communicate with diverse communities
- Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills
- Living migration experience and fluency in other languages a plus
- Hello Neighbor offers a comprehensive benefits package including 3 weeks PTO plus an annual office closure in December, health care, vision and dental coverage, sick days, paid parental leave, volunteer time off, a matching Simple IRA and an emphasis on professional development
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis through April 15, 2023
- Selected candidates will be invited to interview in March and April
- Estimated start date: May, 2023
- Salary range: $37,500-40,000 (Non-Exempt, Overtime Eligible)
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Hello Neighbor, we are committed to being an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is championed. Hello Neighbor is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.
All Applications Welcome
Data shows that women more frequently do not apply to a job because they don’t feel that they meet all of the qualifications listed. Our job descriptions are general overviews, not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute to the growth of our organization, we want to hear from you!