Employment Coordinator (Matching Grant)
Pittsburgh, PA /
Hello Neighbor is seeking an Employment Coordinator (Matching Grant) who will support the efforts of the Resettlement Team as they welcome Pittsburgh’s newest neighbors.
Working from our Pittsburgh, PA office, the Employment Coordinator (Matching Grant) is responsible for ensuring that newly arrived refugees, SIVs and Afghan parolees are able to secure fair and equitable employment opportunities. This includes supporting refugee enrollment in employment training and recertification programs as needed, reviewing resumes for comparable skill sets, job matching with our employer connections, and creating relationships with employers.
Working at Hello Neighbor is an opportunity to be on the ground floor of a fast-paced nonprofit startup. This is a new role and there are considerable opportunities to grow within the organization. Hello Neighbor is committed to supporting staff development.
Founded in 2017, Hello Neighbor works to improve the lives of recently resettled refugee families by matching them with dedicated neighbors to guide and support them in their new lives. 2023 marks our 5th year of operation and our first with a $3 million budget. We have an ambitious year of anniversary activations planned and are excited to post this newly created position to join the team and hit the ground running.
This is an in-house position at our Pittsburgh, PA office in Larimer. We are currently on a hybrid return-to-work and in the office on Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays. We require COVID-19 vaccination and a booster for full-time employees.
Reports To: Director of Refugee Resettlement
- Liaise between employers and match clients to secure, appropriate employment.
- Help newly arrived refugees build a resume or adapt an existing C.V. to represent the career pathway they are seeking.
- Assist job seekers with all job search related activities.
- Develop an individualized career development plan with the job seeker.
- Maintain and grow relationships with employers and share candidates for opportunities within their organization.
- Evaluate candidates’ skills to help identify appropriate positions.
- Aid clients in the completion of pre-employment paperwork and screenings.
- Provide transportation to all initial employment interviews and bus orientation for permanent placements.
- Provide all post 90 day case management services to all members of the Matching Grant case. This includes any support and referral services that arise during the Matching Grant period.
- Coordinate and present pre and post employment training for all job seeking Hello Neighbor clients.
- Help clients meet their self-sufficiency goals and requirements by the end of the Matching Grant period.
- Create and maintain all Matching Grant case files.
- Provide timely, detailed case notes for all employment and case management services occurring during the 240 day Matching Grant period.
- Maintain detailed relationship records for all Hello Neighbor employment contacts.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Requires 4+ years of related and/or applicable work experience and a demonstrated ability to effectively work with refugee and immigrant communities
- Willingness to work in a fast paced, multicultural environment
- Car, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Alignment with and support of Hello Neighbor’s core values
- Flexibility and ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- A team player
- Energetic, motivated and hardworking
- Ability to take direction and work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Passion for community building, refugee and immigrant rights
- Ability to communicate with diverse communities
- Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills
- Living migration experience and fluency in other languages a plus
- Hello Neighbor offers a comprehensive benefits package including 3 weeks PTO, sick days and time off for civic engagement plus an annual office closure in December, health care, vision and dental coverage, a matching IRA and an emphasis on professional development
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis through November 30, 2022
- Selected candidates will be invited to interview in December
- Estimated start date: December
- Salary range: $42,000-45,000
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Hello Neighbor, we are committed to being an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is championed. Hello Neighbor is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.
All Applications Welcome
Data shows that women more frequently do not apply to a job because they don’t feel that they meet all of the qualifications listed. Our job descriptions are general overviews, not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute to the growth of our organization, we want to hear from you!