Refugee Resettlement Case Manager
Pittsburgh, PA /
Hello Neighbor is seeking a Refugee Resettlement Case Manager who will support the efforts of the Resettlement Team as they welcome Pittsburgh’s newest neighbors.
Working from our Pittsburgh, PA office, the Refugee Resettlement Case Manager plays an integral role on the Hello Neighbor Refugee Resettlement Team. This position is tasked with providing a warm welcome from day one in the United States and offers continuous case management for the initial three months for every individual within the refugee family. As the first person our new families meet, you will play an integral role in helping adjust life in a new country and the greater Pittsburgh area. Case Managers provide support services for newly arriving refugee families both directly and through engagements with housing and landlords, social services agencies, educational institutions, healthcare providers, community organizations and the entirety of the Hello Neighbor staff.
Working at Hello Neighbor is an opportunity to be on the ground floor of a fast-paced nonprofit startup. This is a new role and there are considerable opportunities to grow within the organization. Hello Neighbor is committed to supporting staff development.
Founded in 2017, Hello Neighbor works to improve the lives of recently resettled refugee families by matching them with dedicated neighbors to guide and support them in their new lives. We’ve expanded from our mentorship program to now include refugee resettlement services, family service programs, a national program supporting other refugee and immigrant nonprofits around the country.
This is an in-house position at our Pittsburgh, PA office in Larimer. We are currently on a hybrid return-to-work and in the office on Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays. We require COVID-19 vaccination and a booster for full-time employees.
Report To: Refugee Services Supervisor
Direct Reports: Possibility of a Case Aide, AmeriCorps, Intern or dedicated volunteers
- Coordinate timely pre and post-arrival services to ensure each client has living essentials such as housing, food, medical care, and access to transportation, and is oriented to their new environment
- Help secure safe, affordable housing and both build and maintain sustainable landlord relationships
- Coordinate airport pick-ups in collaboration with the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Provide direct case management for newly-arrived refugees in accordance with the Federal Cooperative Agreement and accompanying resettlement guidelines
- Initiate referrals to necessary community-based services for newly-arrived refugee clients (i.e., medical, employment, ESL, mental health)
- Conduct comprehensive assessments to create individualized self-sufficiency plans that guide services during the resettlement period
- Perform required home visits and evaluations throughout the resettlement period
- Provide Cultural Orientation to all eligible adults, including final assessments
- Coordinates translation and interpretation services for families as needed
- Network and develop community contacts with other social service providers, including both mainstream providers and those that serve refugees exclusively
- Uses contacts and networking to create and maintain a database of client services to supplement those that Hello Neighbor provides
- Complete and maintain case notes and other documentation of services on-time and in an efficient, accurate manner, as required by the federal Cooperative Agreement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Work, or similar degrees
- Requires 4+ years of related and/or applicable work experience and a demonstrated ability to effectively work with refugee and immigrant communities
- Car, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Alignment with and support of Hello Neighbor’s core values
- Flexibility and ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- Experience utilizing interpretation
- A team player
- Energetic, motivated and hardworking
- Ability to take direction and work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Passion for community building, refugee and immigrant rights
- Ability to communicate with diverse communities
- Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills
- Living migration experience and fluency in other languages a plus
- Hello Neighbor offers a comprehensive benefits package including 3 weeks PTO plus an annual office closure in December, health care, vision and dental coverage, sick days, paid parental leave, volunteer time off, a matching Simple IRA and an emphasis on professional development
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis through April, 15, 2023
- Selected candidates will be invited to interview in March and April
- Estimated start date: April or May
- Salary range: $40,000-43,000 (Non-Exempt, Overtime Eligible)
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Hello Neighbor, we are committed to being an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is championed. Hello Neighbor is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.
All Applications Welcome
Data shows that women more frequently do not apply to a job because they don’t feel that they meet all of the qualifications listed. Our job descriptions are general overviews, not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute to the growth of our organization, we want to hear from you!