Family Services /
Full-time - limited term /
Hello Neighbor is seeking a Keystone Coordinator to provide a pivotal role in coordinating emotional and mental health services under our new Keystone Connections program. The Keystone Coordinator will work with a team of Wellness Liaisons to provide a program that supports immigrant communities and serves as a bridge to external providers with a focus on creating a collaborative learning environment. This program will offer culturally and linguistically responsive emotional, community, and mental health support directly and indirectly. Within the scope of their role, the Keystone Coordinator will help build the plan of outreach and a Wellness Liaison model of support that involves community activities, wellness check-ins, group facilitation, connection to external providers, and skill building and learning opportunities.
The range of assignments make this role an exceptional launch pad for personal and professional growth – within Hello Neighbor and beyond. Commitment to staff development is central to the culture we are creating at Hello Neighbor.
Founded in 2017, Hello Neighbor works to improve the lives of recently resettled refugee families by matching them with dedicated neighbors to guide and support them in their new lives. We’ve expanded from our mentorship program to now include refugee resettlement services, family service programs, a national program supporting other refugee and immigrant nonprofits around the country.
This is a hybrid position with frequent community work and periodic in-person programming. Qualified candidates must be local to the Pittsburgh area. We require COVID-19 vaccination for full-time employees.
Reports To: Lead Case Manager
- Work the the Lead Case Manager to develop a Wellness Liaison model of support
- Coordinate emotional and mental health services under the Keystone Connections program, offering practical and non-clinical emotional support to clients
- Collaborate with a team of Wellness Liaisons to implement a plan for supporting communities and and connecting members to external providers
- Provide culturally and linguistically responsive emotional, community, and mental health support directly and indirectly
- Cultivate partnerships with external service providers and advocate for culturally and linguistically appropriate services
- Conduct individual, family, group, and community-level outreach activities and events
- Facilitate group sessions and wellness check-ins
- Offer skill and educational assistance to program participants, such as transportation orientation and appointment scheduling
- Connect clients with community members and resources
- Maintain accurate and timely program documentation
- Participate in regular supervision meetings and relevant staff meetings
- Adhere to Hello Neighbor’s confidentiality guidelines and ensure the appropriate handling of sensitive information
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of position expectations
- Bilingual or multilingual in priority language preferred (Dari, Pashto, Arabic, Swahili, French, Spanish, Haitian-Creole, Rohingya)
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, characterized by compassionate, courteous, cordial, and professional interactions with diverse colleagues, program members, and the community
- Possesses cultural competencies, encompassing knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors relevant to the communities served
- Thorough understanding of issues pertinent to refugees and immigrants
- Able to cultivate excellent relationships with clients, staff, and partners
- Exhibits adept task management, including priority setting, meeting deadlines, and efficient time scheduling for multiple responsibilities
- Digital literacy and the ability to learn new software
- Flexibility and ability to work nights and weekends as necessary
- Effective collaboration with others through cooperative efforts
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Car, valid driver’s license, and proof of insurance are preferred
- Alignment with and support of Hello Neighbor’s core values
- A team player
- Energetic, motivated and hardworking
- Ability to take direction and work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Passion for community building, refugee and immigrant rights
- Cultural sensitivity and the ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills
- Living migration experience and fluency in other languages a plus
- This is a 6-month (with the possibility of extension) in-house position at our Pittsburgh, PA office in Larimer.
- We are on a hybrid work schedule - remote 2 days a week (Mon, Fri) and in the office 3 days a week (Tues-Thurs), 9am-5pm
- We require COVID-19 vaccination and a booster for full-time employees
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis through January 26, 2024
- Selected candidates will be invited to interview on a rolling basis
- Estimated start date: February 19, 2024
Hello Neighbor is proud to offer the following benefits
- Competitive salaries
- 75% medical insurance coverage (Health, Dental, and Vision) for you, your spouse or domestic partner, and dependents
- 401(k) savings plan with 5% employer matching program after 1 year of employment
- 15 days of PTO per year
- 1 week annual office closure (last week of December)
- 2 mental health days
- 8 paid federal holidays
- 4 paid sick or personal days
- 2 paid days for community service
- Unlimited paid time off for civic engagement
- All benefits pro-rated for part-time staff over 20 hours a week
$17.78 - $18.75 an hour
This is a limited term full-time, non-exempt position with a starting hourly rate of $17.78-18.75, payable biweekly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Hello Neighbor, we are committed to being an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is championed. Hello Neighbor is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.
All Applications Welcome
Data shows that women and people of color more frequently do not apply to a job because they don’t feel that they meet all of the qualifications listed. Our job descriptions are general overviews, not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute to the growth of our organization, we want to hear from you!