Software Engineer, Elixir
San Francisco, CA
If you are someone who thrives on innovation, thinking outside the box and have a passion for creating something users love, we want to hear from you.
Our customer base of 80,000 (and growing!) businesses already love us, and now we’re thinking even bigger. In our push towards enterprise, we’re looking for skilled and motivated engineers to join our expanding team.
At HelloSign, we build our products with performance, scale and security in mind. In addition to your extraordinary technical skills, you should also be able to put yourself in the user's shoes and think critically about how your work will improve their experience. We take pride in our work and want you to as well.
What You'll Do:
- Scale our products and existing systems to support millions of users
- Participate in architectural and design review discussions
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams to define clear deliverables and establish project milestones
- Take ownership of features from end to end by going through design, implementation, testing and maintenance phases
- Find opportunities to improve existing code or architecture
- Upcoming initiatives include building support for large teams, SSO with SCIM integrations, expanding the capabilities in our workflow engine, and restructuring our multiple products into a suite of micro-services
- Embody our core values and uphold our unique company culture. We value diversity and inclusion, and encourage everyone to be their authentic selves at work.
Who You Are:
- You have 4 - 5+ years of previous software development experience in a fast-paced environment and 2+ years of development experience in Elixir.
- You enjoy working collaboratively, participating in code reviews, and operating as a team player.
- You understand and follow the best practices in writing maintainable and extensible code.
- You are a self-starter and a problem solver who is dependable at tackling issues timely with robust solutions.
- You believe in automated tests and taking extreme ownership over the quality of your code.
- You can take an imperfect feature specification and drive it all the way to completion.
- Technologies we use most include Elixir, React JS and MySQL.
- We believe in using the right tool for each particular job. Other than the languages listed above, we also use a number of libraries like Symfony, Redis, Redux, Beanstalk, Phoenix, and Elasticsearch hosted on AWS.
- We use Selenium and TestNG for our automation testing, if you have experience in these areas it would be a plus.
- You have good judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive customer data.
About HelloSign, A Dropbox Company:
We believe that the way business gets done today is broken. That’s why we’re dedicated to simplifying work for everyone - from small startups to large enterprise companies. Millions of individuals and over 80,000 companies world-wide trust the HelloSign platform – which includes eSignature, digital workflow and eFax solutions – to automate and manage their most important business transactions.
With a sharp focus on user experience and a lust for innovation, HelloSign is on a mission to Simplify Work.
Life at HelloSign:
We are centrally located in downtown San Francisco near BART, the Transbay Terminal, and the Ferry Building. Just over 130 employees, we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values lifestyle, fun and continuous improvement. We were awarded the Hirepalooza Culture Award for Lifestyle in 2015 and the Healthy Mothers Workplace Bronze Award in 2016 and 2017. In 2018, we won SF Business Times' Best Places to Work Award for Small Employers. We continue to maintain an overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and The Muse.
We have raving fans who love what we make • We're user-focused and product-driven • We're always evolving with an eye towards improvement • We're committed to building a product people want • We thrive on collaboration and learning from each other • We have a supportive, familial atmosphere • We work in an open, airy, creative space • We laugh a lot • We love dogs • And we'll never forget your birthday!
HelloSign is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse team of qualified individuals • HelloSign conducts background checks; pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, HelloSign will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records • HelloSign participates in E-Verify.