Software Engineer, Elixir
San Francisco, CA
Are you someone who thrives on innovation, thinking creatively and have a passion for building something your users love? If so, we invite you to check out HelloSign.
Our latest product offering is HelloWorks, where the goal is to allow companies to streamline their data collection and Business Process needs, gathering the required information accurately and efficiently. Through our powerful workflow engine, we can provide customers with the capability to model complex processes like Contractor Onboarding or Title Signings.
At HelloSign, we build our products with performance, scale and security in mind, which is why we chose to build HelloWorks using Elixir. We will be counting on your Elixir expertise and innovative ideas to help move our product forward. In addition to being highly skilled on the technical side, you should also be able to put yourself in the user's shoes and think critically about how your work will improve their experience. We take pride in our work and want you to as well.
What You'll Do:
- Help scale our products and existing systems to support millions of users
- Participate in architectural and design review discussions
- Collaborate with other engineers and the Product team to clearly define project goals and establish milestones
- Take ownership of features from end to end by going through design, implementation, testing and maintenance phases
- Identify opportunities to improve existing code or architecture
- Embody our core values and uphold our unique company culture. We value diversity and inclusivity, and encourage team members to be their authentic selves at work.
- Upcoming initiatives include expanding the capabilities in our workflow engine, introducing a message broker service and restructuring our multiple products into a suite of microservices.
Who You Are:
- You have professional experience using Elixir
- Having your code deployed at an enterprise level is highly preferred
- You’re used to working collaboratively, participating in code reviews, and being a great teammate.
- You believe in automated tests and taking ownership over the quality of your code.
- We’re a startup. You are comfortable taking an imperfect feature specification and driving it all the way to completion.
- You have the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive customer data.
We believe that the way business gets done today is broken. That’s why we’re dedicated to simplifying work for everyone - from small startups to large enterprise companies. Millions of individuals and over 80,000 companies world-wide trust the HelloSign platform – which includes eSignature, digital workflow and eFax solutions – to automate and manage their most important business transactions.
With a sharp focus on user experience and a lust for innovation, HelloSign is on a mission to Simplify Work.
Life at HelloSign:
We are centrally located in downtown San Francisco near BART, the Transbay Terminal, and the Ferry Building. Just over 100 employees, we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values lifestyle, fun and continuous improvement. We were awarded the Hirepalooza Culture Award for Lifestyle in 2015 and the Healthy Mothers Workplace Bronze Award in 2016 and 2017. This year, we won SF Business Times' Best Places to Work Award for Small Employers. We continue to maintain an overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and The Muse.
We have raving fans who love what we make • We're user-focused and product-driven • We're always evolving with an eye towards improvement • We're committed to building a product people want • We thrive on collaboration and learning from each other • We have a supportive, familial atmosphere • We work in an open, airy, creative space • We laugh a lot • We love dogs • And we'll never forget your birthday!
HelloSign is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse team of qualified individuals • HelloSign conducts background checks; pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, HelloSign will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records • HelloSign participates in E-Verify.