Software Engineer in Test
San Francisco, CA
If you are extreme in your attention to detail and take pride in improving the quality of software, we want to hear from you! HelloSign is hiring a detail-oriented Software Engineer in Test with an outstanding attitude to join our team and rock the quality of our eSignature platform. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years experience as a Software Engineer in Test or Quality Engineer and is comfortable working with Selenium Webdriver, API test automation and building test frameworks from scratch. This role is key to building out an effective Quality function so we can scale. We look forward to your contribution.
- Automate the functional, regression and sanity test cases using Webdriver, Jenkins.
- Test API features using any tool that you are comfortable with (SOAP UI, PostMan, RestClient etc.)
- Ensure the automated tests will run successfully on multiple browsers/OS/devices.
- Perform manual testing as needed.
- Document bugs in JIRA as needed.
- Perform Regression and Sanity Testing for every release cycle.
- Be a strong quality advocate for the team.
- Experience: 3+ years in Development or Quality Engineering for a web-based product.
- Experience with Selenium Webdriver using Java (or any programming language), Jenkins, GIT, IDEs (Eclipse/JBoss/IntelliJ) and RESTful APIs.
- Self-motivated: We absolutely value self-motivation. This not only helps you grow but helps us grow as well. In other words, we are there to support and encourage you but the true motivation should come from within you.
- Flexibility: Sometimes, you might have to wear multiple hats in a day - from manual testing to helping in regression/sanity testing during releases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of SQL and Relational Databases.
- Good understanding of the software development lifecycle and Agile approaches.
- BS/MS in Computer Science preferred.
- Experience with Sauce labs is a bonus
- Experience with ORM tools (Hibernate etc.) is an extra bonus.
We believe that the way business gets done today is broken. That’s why we’re dedicated to simplifying work for everyone - from small startups to large enterprise companies. Millions of individuals and over 60,000 companies world-wide trust the HelloSign platform – which includes eSignature, digital workflow and eFax solutions – to automate and manage their most important business transactions.
With a sharp focus on user experience and a lust for innovation, HelloSign is on a mission to Simplify Work.
Life at HelloSign:
We are centrally located in downtown San Francisco near BART, the Transbay Terminal, and the Ferry Building. Just under 100 employees, we are growing the company deliberately, with an eye towards maintaining a culture that values lifestyle, fun and continuous improvement. We were awarded the Hirepalooza Culture Award for Lifestyle in 2015 and the Healthy Mothers Workplace Bronze Award in 2016 and 2017. We continue to maintain an overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and The Muse.
We have raving fans who love what we make • We're user-focused and product-driven • We're always evolving with an eye towards improvement • We're committed to building a product people want • We thrive on teaching and learning from each other • We have a supportive, familial atmosphere • We work in an open, airy, creative space • We laugh a lot • We love dogs • And we'll never forget your birthday!
HelloSign is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse team of qualified individuals • HelloSign conducts background checks; pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, HelloSign will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records • HelloSign participates in E-Verify.