Full Stack Engineer
San Francisco, CA
If you want to work with an empathetic, friendly and supportive engineering team, we want to hear from you. In this role as a Full-Stack Developer at HelloSign you will help us scale our highly available eSignature platform and help us move to a service-oriented architecture. In addition to your skill in development, we like our engineers to put themselves in our users’ shoes. We value a cohesive, collaborative environment and invite you to learn more about working with us.
Though we have areas of specialty, we're also generalists and comfortable up and down the stack from writing SASS to optimizing SQL. While we work independently, we support each other through frequent code and design reviews, daily stand-ups, and pair programming, facilitating learning and reducing friction in our regular release schedule of every 3 weeks. In addition to working with each other, we work cross-departmentally to promote transparency and share knowledge.
- Develop our electronic signing API. We want to be the easiest way for developers to integrate eSignatures into their websites and apps.
- Continue to scale our system to support millions of users. Integrate our signed documents (PDFs) more deeply with Adobe's electronic signature SDK.
- We work mostly in PHP (Symfony framework) but also believe in using the right tool for each job. Our stack also includes AWS, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, Memcached, Beanstalkd (for worker queues), SASS, and React JS.
- Experience: You’ve done web development with an MVC-type framework. Bonus points for strong MySQL
- Team work: You enjoy working collaboratively, participating in code reviews, and being a team player.
- Product-centric: You enjoy solving technical challenges and value writing clean code, but you also care deeply about the experience of the end user.
- Self-directed: We’re a startup. We need someone who is comfortable taking an imperfect feature specification and driving it all the way to completion.
- Good judgment: Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive customer data.
HelloSign is creating the next generation eSignature platform, with a focus on clean usability. We were recently voted #1 eSignature solution for Small Business and #1 software solution for Mid-Market business on G2 Crowd! We’re proud of these awards because they are voted on by real users and reflect our commitment to making life better for our customers. In fact, we have the highest customer satisfaction score out of all our competitors.
In addition to our sleek end user product, developers love our API, clean, straightforward documentation and extensive SDKs. On average, full-featured integrations average less than 2.5 days of development--the fastest in the industry. And our API Engineers offer the best support you’ll never need. Our vision is to deliver Frictionless Agreements by making our users awesome.
Life at HelloSign:
We are centrally located in downtown San Francisco near BART, the Transbay Terminal and the Ferry Building. Currently at 80 employees, we are growing the company deliberately, with an eye towards maintaining a culture that values lifestyle, fun and continuous improvement. We were awarded the 2015 Hirepalooza Culture Award for Lifestyle and won an SF Healthy Mothers Workplace Bronze Award in 2016 and 2017. We continue to maintain an overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and The Muse.
We have raving fans who love what we make • We're user-focused and product-driven • We're always evolving with an eye towards improvement • Committed to building a product people want • We have a well-defined culture of fun, continual learning and collaboration • A supportive, familial atmosphere • An open, airy, creative space with communal dining and lounge spaces • We love dogs • Happy hours for unwinding and partaking in shenanigans • Family friendly work policies and events • A fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks • And we'll never forget your birthday!
HelloSign is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse team of qualified individuals • HelloSign conducts background checks; pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, HelloSign will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records • HelloSign participates in E-Verify.