Chief Financial Officer
Finance – Finance /
Founded in 2018 in San Francisco, CA, Wisp is on a mission to broaden access to sexual and reproductive healthcare. Available in all 50 states, we connect patients with hassle-free sexual telehealth services that save them time, money, and stress.
As a remote-first, woman-led team, we are committed to upholding our mission and values and champion diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Those who thrive at Wisp lead with empathy, stay curious, and take ownership of their industry-leading work. As part of the WELL Health family (TSX: WELL), we have served hundreds of thousands of patients across the U.S. and are ready to grow that number even more as we expand our team!
Wisp is looking for a CFO to join and help build our Finance team and function. You will report to the CEO, serving as the right hand partner in establishing a presence of financial rigor and organizational design in all core decisions of the company. As Wisp looks at taking its next steps as a growing business, you’ll play a crucial role in helping us with our ambitious goals for 2024 and beyond.
What you’ll do…
- Oversee all financial functions, processes, and infrastructure as well as investor relations and corporate development
- Collaborate closely with Wisp and WELL executive leadership to help determine the best financial outcomes for Wisp
- Own and drive financial compliance as it relates to Wisp operations and tax, compliance audits, and other financial audits in accordance with IFRS reporting standards
- Provide high-level oversight of accounting policies by driving development and implementation of new procedures and internal financial controls
- Lead annual planning and provide monthly/quarterly operating reviews and reports to ensure efficient capital allocation
- Drive strategic business recommendations by developing financial models and projections that inform executive leadership on the potential of new products and services, strategic initiatives, and overall business models
- Leverage financial and operational metrics and analytics to make internal and external investment decisions on behalf of the company
This role could be a good fit for you if…
- You have 15+ years of varied financial experience (Corporate FP&A, Biz Partnerships, Strategic Finance) as both a people leader and program builder at high-growth, tech-enabled D2C companies
- You’ve owned and influenced the exit strategy for companies, supporting IPOs as well as pubco transactions
- You are well-versed in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and preferably have your CPA
- You have enough knowledge of HR, Marketing, Product, Data, Legal, and Operations to identify what good looks like and know how finance can effectively partner with them
- You have a sharp focus and fluency on driving Revenue Growth and Customer Unit Economics (e.g LTV, Churn, Payback periods)
- You possess a deep understanding of CAC/LTV. You’ve effectively partnered with performance marketing and data analytics teams to develop and improve retention strategies such as subscriptions, pricing models, and other recurring revenue initiatives
- You have a track record indicative of a continuous improvement mindset that is always looking for operational efficiencies, improvements to processes, or enhancements to governance procedures that help achieve the business and financial objectives at Wisp
- You bring a strong sense of discernment and level-headedness when collaborating with executive leadership and helping drive business decisions and cross-functional projects
- You’re unafraid of navigating ambiguity and can make decisions that maintain momentum while mitigating risk
- You are continually learning; you stay abreast of best practices across the industry and leverage a top-tier network of advisors and peers when encountering new challenges
$200,000 - $300,000 a year
At Wisp, we believe pay transparency is the best way to attract and retain the best talent. The salary ranges we present on our jobs reflect the base salary bands that we use internally. We update these bands annually to ensure we are keeping abreast of any market shifts.
When determining actual starting pay, we carefully consider a number of factors including an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience (read: the interview process) as well as market demands and internal parity.
Note: this salary range is CAD.
Visa sponsorship or transfer is not available for this position at present. Must be authorized to work in the country this requisition states.
Wisp is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in sexual and reproductive healthcare, join us!