Head of Data
United States (Remote) /
Engineering – Data Analytics /
Since 2018, Wisp has been on a mission to put healthcare back in patients’ hands. We connect patients with hassle-free sexual + reproductive care online, with discreet and convenient treatment that saves them time, money, and stress. Our goal is to empower everyone to make the decisions about their health that are right for them. We’ve scaled quickly, serving patients across the nation and becoming part of the WELL Health family—and now we want you.
We are a growing, fully-remote team in the United States and Canada looking for collaborators who are committed to our mission, passionate about results, eager to build something amazing, and excited to have high levels of ownership, accountability, and personal growth.
We are looking for a Head of Data who will be responsible for managing the Analytics and Data Engineering teams, defining data architecture, driving data-driven decision making, and fostering a data-centric culture across the organization. This role will report to the CTO and play a crucial role in shaping the company's data strategy while also getting hands-on with data architecture, modeling, and key analysis. In addition, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on both the business and the lives of our patients through data-driven insights and initiatives.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with the CTO to develop the vision for how data will support the organization's immediate and long-term goals. This includes setting department OKRs, prioritizing data initiatives, and executing the data roadmap.
- Develop and manage processes for prioritizing, updating, and communicating the data roadmap to ensure alignment across the organization
- Create efficient and scalable processes for data ingestion, transformation, and analysis that promote collaboration and enable the organization to effectively leverage data insights.
- Partner with the Marketing and Finance teams to develop and implement a data-driven forecasting model for customer acquisition, retention, and revenue growth.
- Support the organization by providing best-in-class data engineering and analytics solutions using our data stack (Snowflake, Looker, Fivetran, and dbt).
- Ensure the organization's data infrastructure, procedures, and policies comply with the appropriate privacy and security frameworks, such as HIPAA and other applicable state and federal regulations
This Role Could Be A Good Fit For You If…
- You have at least 6+ years of experience in Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Engineering, or Data Science, with 3+ years in a people leadership role in a high growth environment.
- You have 2+ years of experience creating and prioritizing data-related roadmaps, which includes developing a data vision and executing data strategy.
- You have a strong understanding of data systems, including Data Warehousing, ETL, Data Integration, and Data Visualization tools, as well as experience in our data stack (Snowflake, Looker, Fivetran, and dbt).
- You have experience working in Healthcare or other highly regulated industries, with a strong understanding of security and compliance frameworks such as HIPAA as it relates to data.
- You have experience managing full-cycle data tool procurement, including budget management and negotiations.
- You are a self-starter who takes the initiative in solving problems and can self-manage commitments and deadlines.
What We Bring To You
- A fully remote environment, plus our $500 Work Better Stipend so you can have the optimal work-from-home set-up when you join.
- Uncapped Time Off to recharge–and we track to ensure employees are taking at least 15 days off per year.
- Flexible Fridays where there are no company meetings or mandatory work obligations.
- Our Learning Stipend to enable your professional growth and development.
- 100% monthly premium coverage for Health and Vision (and 99% for Dental) insurance for you and your dependents.
- 3% 401(k) match, dollar for dollar, that vests your first day (read: no waiting period).
Visa sponsorship or transfer is not available for this position at present.
Wisp is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in sexual and reproductive healthcare, join us!