Head of Information Technology
Engineering – Information Technology /
We’re a remote-first company (even before the pandemic) committed to expanding access to healthcare, while destroying the stigma around sexual health by delivering safe and discreet care for anyone who needs it. All while supporting each other personally and professionally with unlimited PTO, flexible schedules, and competitive compensation, and that we are actively building a diverse and inclusive culture.
As of December 2022, we have served over 600,000 patients across the nation and are part of the WELL Health family.
We are looking for a Head of Information Technology who will be responsible for the planning and execution of IT Security and Compliance related initiatives, end-user support, SAAS procurement and management, and department budgeting. This role will report to the CTO and be a key contributor to IT strategy while also getting hands-on with IT infrastructure and software. In addition, this role will have the opportunity to partner with leadership across the organization to set and implement the company's IT strategy.
Founded in 2018 in San Francisco, CA, Wisp is on a mission to broaden access to the treatment and education necessary to live a fulfilling (sex) life by empowering people to make timely and safe reproductive health choices. We connect patients with hassle-free sexual Healthcare through discreet and immediate online access with convenient treatment that saves them time, money, and stress. We are a growing, fully-remote team looking for team members who are committed to our mission, passionate about results, eager to build something unique, and excited to have high levels of ownership, accountability, and personal growth.
What You'll Do
- IT Vision: Work closely with the CTO to develop the vision for how IT will support the organization's immediate and long-term goals. This includes setting department OKRs, building and executing the IT roadmap, and developing the reporting necessary to manage both.
- Security & Compliance: Ensure the organization's IT infrastructure, procedures, and policies comply with the appropriate privacy and security frameworks. This includes achieving and maintaining compliance with HIPAA, ISO27001, and other applicable state and federal regulations.
- IT Procurement and Administration: Manage the organization's IT and SaaS portfolio, including purchasing, configuring, and auditing hardware & software. This includes spend management through regular license audits, redundancy identification, and usage reviews.
- End User Enablement: Support remote wisp employees by providing best-in-class end-user support. This includes onboarding, offboarding, help desk, and other user support needs. Ensure wisp's employees have the tools and support they need to do their best work.
- 6+ years of experience in IT, with 3+ years in a leadership role.
- 2+ years developing and managing the IT Security and Compliance roadmap.
- Strong understanding of IT systems, including Identity Access Management (IAM), Endpoint Security (EPS), Mobile Device Management (MDM), and other core IT services.
- Strong understanding of security and compliance frameworks such as HIPAA and ISO 27001 as it relates to IT.
- Strong technical acumen across Mac and PC ecosystems.
- Experience managing full-cycle SAAS procurement, including budget management and negotiations.
- Experience working in Healthcare or other highly regulated industries is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with Cloud Platforms (AWS) is a plus.
- Self-starter who takes the initiative in solving problems and can self-manage commitments and deadlines.
- Remote-first working experience with team members in Hawaii, California, Colorado, Oregon, Mexico, Canada, New York, Ohio, North Carolina, Ukraine, and more!
- The satisfaction that comes with making a direct improvement in Healthcare in the US.
- Very competitive compensation and equity participation.
- Health and dental insurance.
- Flexible vacation, and we ask our employees to strive for at least 15 personal vacation days per year.
- Nine company holidays.
Wisp is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in sexual and reproductive healthcare, join us!