Remote-OK U.S or Canada /
Full Time - Remote
Helm.ai is an AI software company building the next generation of AI technology for autonomous driving. . Our Deep Teaching methodology is uniquely data- and capital-efficient, allowing us to surpass traditional AI approaches in accuracy and breadth and get to market quickly. Our team consists of researchers from top schools like UC Berkeley, Harvard, MIT, Stanford, and Caltech and engineers from companies like Google, Stripe, Quora, and more.
Our technology has won a number of industry and research awards. We are already working with several of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world in deploying and validating our software toward att volume vehicle production programs. . While our technology is being scaled to solve all of the subtasks and corner cases needed for L4 deployment, we productize our software for L2/L3 autonomy and large scale validation on consumer vehicles. Helm's goal is to integrate the software you build into hundreds of millions of vehicles in the coming years.
To see our autonomy stack in action, check out our Youtube channel For more information about Helm, see the following media: links to Forbes, TechCrunch, and Medium
About this role:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge AI technology on one of the most interesting and impactful problems of the decade. The software we build will be deployed on vehicles at scale, making driving more convenient and saving lives
- Work closely with the research team to develop and iterate on research infrastructure
- Applying novel approaches to Computer Vision at scale.
- Build tools for automating the maintenance of our computing cluster deployments in the cloud.
- Researching, adopting, and extending open source software.
- Work with research and controls engineers to create software abstractions for various perception, planning, and control functionalities on our fleet of test vehicles.
- Strong programming experience demonstrated via work experience, internships, or programming competition performance.
- Willingness to learn and work across stacks, from python video processing software to real time C++ abstractions or TensorFlow inference code.
- Previous experience in a data-heavy role, such as data infrastructure or machine learning engineer.
- Bachelors or Graduate Degree in Computer Science, or a related field (this is strongly preferred, but not required for an otherwise truly exceptional candidate).
What we offer
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team from top institutions like Harvard, Berkeley, MIT, Stanford, Caltech, Google, Stripe, Quora, and more.
- The exciting environment of a fast paced AI technology startup.
- Great medical, vision, and dental insurance coverage options.
- Assorted perks, including: gym-membership stipend, 401k management, custom workstation setup, and more to come.
Please apply using the link below.