Remote U.S Only /
Full Time - Remote
Helm.ai is an AI software company building the next generation of AI technology for autonomous driving. . Our Deep Teaching methodology is uniquely data- and capital-efficient, allowing us to surpass traditional AI approaches in accuracy and breadth and get to market quickly. Our team consists of researchers from top schools like UC Berkeley, Harvard, MIT, Stanford, and Caltech and engineers from companies like Google, Stripe, Quora, and more.
Our technology has won a number of industry and research awards. We are already working with several of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world in deploying and validating our software toward att volume vehicle production programs. . While our technology is being scaled to solve all of the subtasks and corner cases needed for L4 deployment, we productize our software for L2/L3 autonomy and large scale validation on consumer vehicles. Helm's goal is to integrate the software you build into hundreds of millions of vehicles in the coming years.
- Review and close the monthly financial statements
- Own all AR, issuing and tracking Helm.ai invoices
- Own all AP, managing bill.com payments and vendor profiles
- Manage company Brex account, ensuring every line item has a coordinating receipt and is tagged in QBO appropriately
- Manage all employee expense reports, ensuring policy compliance
- Own payroll on a monthly basis
- Create miscellaneous reports (ex : creating spreadsheets to compare the ROI for certain benefits, calculating the cost of a 401k match, etc.)
- Assist with the Company Carta account, ensuring reporting and legal accuracy
- Manage Track1099, our tax documentation platform
- Own tax season, ensuring each vendor and employee receives the appropriate tax documentation
- Keep records of “Employee Comp” sheet, tracking individual and department comp
- Assist in establishing pay bands for future employees
- Assist in the creation and implementation of company-wide best practice financial standards
- Maintain all organize all financial records
- Has at least four years of full time directly related work experience (Financial Controller, CPA, Financial Operations, etc.)
- Earned a relevant BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Is a Certified Public Accountant
- Is very familiar with QBO, and is familiar with or willing to learn to use Gusto, Brex, Expensify, Google Suite, and Slack
- Is ambitious and driven – someone who wants to own larger projects and work over time, and can scale with the company
- Enjoys getting down to the the nitty gritty and can handle repetitive tasks and copious amounts of data
- Is comfortable with ambiguity and changing priorities. We are a rapid growth startup and need someone who can pivot as quickly as we do.
- Has worked at a small, rapidly growing startup (current headcount is about 30)
- Has previously worked on a large scale diligence process, whether its a fundraising effort, acquisition, merger, or similar
- Is happy to occasionally hop in and assist in non-financial work in a crunch
This position offers : The opportunity to work with a team from top institutions like Harvard, Berkeley, MIT, Stanford, Caltech, Google, Stripe, Quora, and moreThe exciting environment of a fast paced AI tech startupGreat Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance (100% employee, 75% dependent)Free Life and Short Term Disability Insurance401k management8 weeks of fully paid parental leave Monthly gym membership stipend Custom workstation set upFree in-office dinner (post-covid)Yearly company retreats, quarterly company-wide events (post-covid) Flexible working hours and more coming soon
Please apply using the link below.