Remote U.S Only /
Full Time - Remote
Helm.ai is an AI software company building the next generation of AI technology for autonomous driving. . Our Deep Teaching methodology is uniquely data- and capital-efficient, allowing us to surpass traditional AI approaches in accuracy and breadth and get to market quickly. Our team consists of researchers from top schools like UC Berkeley, Harvard, MIT, Stanford, and Caltech and engineers from companies like Google, Stripe, Quora, and more.
Our technology has won a number of industry and research awards. We are already working with several of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world in deploying and validating our software toward att volume vehicle production programs. . While our technology is being scaled to solve all of the subtasks and corner cases needed for L4 deployment, we productize our software for L2/L3 autonomy and large scale validation on consumer vehicles. Helm's goal is to integrate the software you build into hundreds of millions of vehicles in the coming years.
To see our autonomy stack in action, check out our Youtube channel For more information about Helm, see the following media: links to Forbes, TechCrunch, and Medium
About the role
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work for an AI company that is solving one of the most interesting and impactful technical problems of the decade.
- Provide legal support and advice on agreements, including software licensing agreements, OEM agreements and vendor contracts
- Partner with various departments including finance and sales to streamline the contract management processes
- Provide ongoing legal counselling in areas that include corporate law, employment law, intellectual property, domestic & international licensing agreements and privacy laws
- Assist the Leadership Team with various legal projects as needed.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience general counsel in-house experiences
- Minimum 3 years direct experience providing legal services to software companies.
- Experience negotiating, drafting, and reviewing commercial contracts.
- Trusted advisor and valued partner to the management team.
- The ability to collaborate and work cross functionally Strong organizational, analytical, and negotiation skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, juggle multiple projects with contending priorities, meet deadlines, and adapt to change in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- JD from an accredited law school and Member of the California State Bar in good standing.
What we offer
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team from top institutions like Harvard, Berkeley, MIT, Stanford, Caltech, Google, Stripe, Quora, and more.
- The exciting environment of a fast paced AI technology startup.
- Great medical, vision, and dental insurance coverage options.
- Assorted perks, including: gym-membership stipend, 401k management, custom workstation setup, and more to come.
Please apply using the link below.