Menlo Park, CA /
Hybrid - Onsite and Remote
Helm.ai is an AI software company building the next generation of AI technology for autonomous driving. . Our Deep Teaching methodology is uniquely data- and capital-efficient, allowing us to surpass traditional AI approaches in accuracy and breadth and get to market quickly. Our team consists of researchers from top schools like UC Berkeley, Harvard, MIT, Stanford, and Caltech and engineers from companies like Google, Stripe, Quora, and more.
Our technology has won a number of industry and research awards. We are already working with several of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world in deploying and validating our software toward att volume vehicle production programs. . While our technology is being scaled to solve all of the subtasks and corner cases needed for L4 deployment, we productize our software for L2/L3 autonomy and large scale validation on consumer vehicles. Helm's goal is to integrate the software you build into hundreds of millions of vehicles in the coming years.
To see our autonomy stack in action, check out our Youtube channel For more information about Helm, see the following media: links to Forbes, TechCrunch, and Medium
We're looking for an IT Specialist to join our growing team! At Helm.ai you can expect a fast-paced environment in which you’d be working on cutting-edge technologies. We need people who are organized, able to think on their feet, and who can find creative IT solutions to interesting problems.
- Own security and continuity of helm.ai IT operations.
- Onboard and offboard helm.ai employees and contractors.
- Drive IT projects from ideation to successful deployment.
- Select new technologies and manage relationships with existing IT vendors.
- Secure data exchange between helm.ai and its customers and partners.
- Assure regulatory compliance, and participate in security and privacy audits.
- 2+ year(s) of relevant technical customer support experience.
- 1+ year(s) of experience managing/leading small to medium sized IT projects.
- Understanding of advanced troubleshooting of mobile and desktop operating systems (ie. macOS, iOS)
- Familiarity of enterprise infrastructure, identity, and productivity suites (ie. Okta/SSO integrations, Google Workspace).
- Understanding of Mobile Device Management (ie. Kandji).
- Administering linux laptops and desktops locally, including customer devices
- Managing Helm switches, wireless internet, including cabling, setting up and managing DNS, etc.
- Provisioning user accounts.
- Demonstrated experience understanding complex issues, and explaining them in terms appropriate for technical or nontechnical audiences.
- Must be available PT locally and the remainder remote
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Helm.ai are considered the property of Helm and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Please apply using the link below.