Autonomous Vehicle Engineer
Menlo Park, CA /
Helm is an early stage autonomous vehicle startup currently in stealth. Our deep learning approach to self-driving is uniquely data- and capital-efficient, allowing us to get to market quickly. Our team consists of researchers from top schools like Harvard, MIT, Stanford, and Caltech and engineers from companies like Google, Stripe, Quora, and more.
Our software is already available as an SDK, which has been purchased or deployed by 6 of the top 10 car manufacturers in the world. While our technology is being scaled to solve all of the subtasks and corner cases needed for L4 deployment, we market our software for partial autonomy in consumer vehicles. Helm's goal is to integrate the software you help build into millions of consumer vehicles in the coming years.
Sample footage from our L2+ system: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLVT4zc_EVA
In This Role, You Will:
- Develop sensor fusion, path planning, and control algorithms across the spectrum of L2+, L3, and L4 products and software demonstrations.
- Develop new sensor fusion algorithms to integrate Helm perception functionality into the driving system, focused on automotive-grade radar and lidar, including next-generation sensors.
- Use Helm cloud computing abstractions to design and implement algorithm validation software at scale, for testing new functionalities.
- Provide design guidance for effective simulation testing of algorithms.
- Design Helm software integration plans for OEM vehicles.
- Identify algorithmic changes needed for adapting to various sensor sets and middlewares.
- Work with systems engineers to make the integrations a reality.
We're Looking for Someone Who:
- Has prior experience with sensor fusion and path planning, or related mathematical problems.
- Has experience designing mathematical models for integrating noisy measurements to produce useful control signals.
- Has engineering experience integrating numerical algorithms into embedded platforms as well as simulation test harnesses.
- Is fluent in Python and familiar with C++.
- Has general experience with numerical algorithms in Matlab, Python, or Julia.
- Is familiar with real time / embedded operating systems.
- Is located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Has earned a BS/MS degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer science.
- Has at least four years of industry experience with planning or sensor fusion.
- The opportunity to work on one of the most interesting, impactful problems of the decade.
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team from top institutions like Harvard, MIT, Stanford, Caltech, Google, Stripe, Quora, and more.
- The exciting environment of a fast growing tech startupGreat medical, vision, and dental insurance options.
- Assorted perks, including: daily in-office free dinner, gym-membership stipend, yearly company retreats (post-COVID), 401k management, custom workstation setup, and more to come as we scale the team.
Please apply using the link below.