Menlo Park, CA
Helm is an early stage autonomous vehicle startup currently in stealth. Our deep learning approach to self-driving is uniquely data- and capital-efficient, allowing us to get to market quickly. Our team consists of researchers from top schools like Harvard, MIT, Stanford, and Caltech and engineers from companies like Google, Stripe, Quora, and more.
Our software is already available as an SDK, which has been purchased or deployed by 6 of the top 10 car manufacturers in the world. While our technology is being scaled to solve all of the subtasks and corner cases needed for L4 deployment, we market our software for partial autonomy in consumer vehicles. Helm's goal is to integrate the software you help build into millions of consumer vehicles in the coming years.
Sample footage from our L2+ system: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLVT4zc_EVA
- Develop and tune drivers for sensors and actuators on consumer-grade vehicles.
- Integrate Helm software into OEM production-grade vehicles.
- Use Helm cloud computing abstractions to design and implement algorithm validation software at scale, for testing new functionalities.
- Design Helm software integration plans for OEM vehicles. Identify algorithmic changes needed for adapting to various sensor sets. Work with systems engineers to make the integrations a reality.
- Provide design guidance for effective simulation testing of algorithms.
What We're Looking For
- 5 years of industry experience in automotive software engineering.
- Significant experience with C++.
- Preferred: Experience implementing numerical packages in C++: linear algebra, basic machine learning, combinatorial optimization.
- Work on one of the most interesting, impactful problems of the decade. Our algorithms ARE our product.
- Time Off - 2 weeks of PTO + a paid company shutdown the last week of the year.
- Daily Free Dinner - We also cover delivery fees and taxes for lunch delivery orders.
- Gym Stipend - Helm helps defray monthly fitness memberships.
- Yearly company retreat - Partners are welcome to join!
- Subsidized Health Insurance - Our out of pocket costs start as low as $16/month.
- 401k Management - Our employees love using Guideline to manage their investments.
- Equipment - Helm purchases any ergonomic equipment you need.
Please apply using the link below.