Senior Research Engineer
Remote-OK U.S or Canada /
Helm.ai is an AI software company building the next generation of AI technology for autonomous driving. . Our Deep Teaching methodology is uniquely data- and capital-efficient, allowing us to surpass traditional AI approaches in accuracy and breadth and get to market quickly. Our team consists of researchers from top schools like UC Berkeley, Harvard, MIT, Stanford, and Caltech and engineers from companies like Google, Stripe, Quora, and more.
Our technology has won a number of industry and research awards. We are already working with several of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world in deploying and validating our software toward att volume vehicle production programs. . While our technology is being scaled to solve all of the subtasks and corner cases needed for L4 deployment, we productize our software for L2/L3 autonomy and large scale validation on consumer vehicles. Helm's goal is to integrate the software you build into hundreds of millions of vehicles in the coming years.
To see our autonomy stack in action, check out our Youtube channel For more information about Helm, see the following media: links to Forbes, TechCrunch, and Medium
About the role:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge AI technology on one of the most interesting and impactful problems of the decade. The software we build will be deployed on vehicles at scale, making driving more convenient and saving lives.
- Apply and extend the Helm proprietary algorithmic toolkit for unsupervised learning to perception problems at scale.
- Carefully execute deep learning experiments designed to (i) provide new functionality for customers, such as intent modeling or depth perception or to (ii) address relevant corner cases in the system as a whole.
- Work closely with software and autonomous vehicle engineers to deploy your algorithms on internal and customer vehicle platforms.
- 4 years industry experience in a data science or engineering, or equivalent
- Experience customizing neural networks with TensorFlow or PyTorch
- General experience with numerical algorithms in Matlab, Python or Julia
- Experience with practical experimental design
- Experience solving Robust perception scientific problems, with the ability to zero in on the approaches that work in practice
- Comfortable operating under uncertainty to get to the desired result at any cost
- Must be a thoughtful, methodical, careful experimenter
- Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related field (this is strongly preferred, but not required for an otherwise truly exceptional candidate).
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team from top institutions like Harvard, Berkeley, MIT, Stanford, Caltech, Google, Stripe, Quora, and more.
- The exciting environment of a fast paced AI technology startup.
- Great medical, vision, and dental insurance coverage options.
- Assorted perks, including: gym-membership stipend, 401k management, custom workstation setup, and more to come.
Please apply using the link below.