Menlo Park, CA /
Helm is an early stage autonomous vehicle startup currently in stealth. Our deep learning approach to self-driving is uniquely data- and capital-efficient, allowing us to get to market quickly. Our team consists of researchers from top schools like Harvard, MIT, Stanford, and Caltech and engineers from companies like Google, Stripe, Quora, and more.
Our software is already available as an SDK, which has been purchased or deployed by 6 of the top 10 car manufacturers in the world. While our technology is being scaled to solve all of the subtasks and corner cases needed for L4 deployment, we market our software for partial autonomy in consumer vehicles. Helm's goal is to integrate the software you help build into millions of consumer vehicles in the coming years.
Sample footage from our L2+ system: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLVT4zc_EVA
In This Role, You Will:
- Work closely with the research team to develop and iterate on research infrastructure for applying novel approaches to computer vision at scale.
- Build tools for automating the maintenance of our computing cluster deployments in the cloud. This includes researching, adopting, and extending open source software.
- Work with research engineers and controls engineers to create software abstractions for various perception, planning, and control functionalities on our fleet of test vehicles.
We're Looking for Someone With:
- Strong programming experience demonstrated via work experience, internships, or programming competition performance.
- Willingness to learn and work across stacks, from python video processing software to real time C++ abstractions or tensorflow inference code.
- Previous experience in a data-heavy role, such as data infrastructure or machine learning engineer.
- The opportunity to work on one of the most interesting, impactful problems of the decade
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team from top institutions like Harvard, MIT, Stanford, Caltech, Google, Stripe, Quora, and more
- The exciting environment of a fast growing tech startup
- Great medical, vision, and dental insurance options
- Assorted perks, including: daily in-office free dinner, gym-membership stipend, yearly company retreats (post-COVID), 401k management, custom workstation setup, and more to come as we scale the team
Please apply using the link below.