Head of IT
Menlo Park, CA
Helm is an early stage autonomous vehicle startup currently in stealth. Our deep learning approach to self-driving is uniquely data- and capital-efficient, allowing us to get to market quickly. Our team consists of researchers from top schools like Harvard, MIT, Stanford, and Caltech and engineers from companies like Google, Stripe, Quora, and more.
Our software is already available as an SDK, which has been purchased or deployed by 6 of the top 10 car manufacturers in the world. While our technology is being scaled to solve all of the subtasks and corner cases needed for L4 deployment, we market our software for partial autonomy in consumer vehicles. Helm's goal is to integrate the software you help build into millions of consumer vehicles in the coming years.
Sample footage from our L2+ system: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLVT4zc_EVA
- Own security and continuity of helm.ai IT operations
- Onboard and offboard helm.ai employees and contractors
- Drive IT projects from ideation to successful deployment
- Select new technologies and manage relationships with existing IT vendors, incl. top tier cloud providers
- Work in liaison with ML engineering team on application security, quality of service, and cost optimizations
- Secure data exchange between helm.ai and its customers and partners
- Assure regulatory compliance, and participate in security and privacy audits
- Hire, coach, and develop IT team members
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience 5 years of increasing responsibility, incl. managing IT teams
- Deep hands on experience with on-prem and cloud infrastructure processes and technologies, incl. security, networking, monitoring, Linux, MacOS, and Windows
- High proficiency in scripting languages, incl. python
- Outstanding internal customer service skills
- Proven experience of driving large projects and initiatives
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Work on one of the most interesting, impactful problems of the decade. Our algorithms ARE our product.
- Time Off - 2 weeks of PTO + a paid company shutdown the last week of the year.
- Daily Free Dinner - We also cover delivery fees and taxes for lunch delivery orders.
- Gym Stipend - Helm helps defray monthly fitness memberships.
- Yearly company retreat - Partners are welcome to join!
- Subsidized Health Insurance - Our out of pocket costs start as low as $16/month.
- 401k Management - Our employees love using Guideline to manage their investments.
- Equipment - Helm purchases any ergonomic equipment you need.
Please apply using the link below.