Senior Autonomous Vehicle Engineer
Remote-OK U.S or Canada /
Helm.ai is an AI software company building the next generation of AI technology for autonomous driving. . Our Deep Teaching methodology is uniquely data- and capital-efficient, allowing us to surpass traditional AI approaches in accuracy and breadth and get to market quickly. Our team consists of researchers from top schools like UC Berkeley, Harvard, MIT, Stanford, and Caltech and engineers from companies like Google, Stripe, Quora, and more.
Our technology has won a number of industry and research awards. We are already working with several of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world in deploying and validating our software toward att volume vehicle production programs. . While our technology is being scaled to solve all of the subtasks and corner cases needed for L4 deployment, we productize our software for L2/L3 autonomy and large scale validation on consumer vehicles. Helm's goal is to integrate the software you build into hundreds of millions of vehicles in the coming years.
To see our autonomy stack in action, check out our Youtube channel For more information about Helm, see the following media: links to Forbes, TechCrunch, and Medium
About the role:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge AI technology on one of the most interesting and impactful problems of the decade. The software we build will be deployed on vehicles at scale, making driving more convenient and saving lives.
- Develop sensor fusion, path planning, and control algorithms across the spectrum of L2+, L3, and L4 products and software prototypes.
- Develop new sensor fusion algorithms to integrate Helm perception functionality into the autonomous driving stack , focused on automotive-grade radar and lidar, including next-generation sensors.
- Use Helm cloud computing abstractions to design and implement algorithm validation software at scale, for testing new functionalities.
- Provide design guidance for effective simulation testing of algorithms.
- Design Helm software integration plans for OEM vehicles.
- Identify algorithmic changes needed for adapting to various sensor sets and middlewares.
- Work with systems engineers to make the integrations a reality.
- Experience with numerical algorithms in Matlab, Python or Julia
- Fluent in Python and familiar with C++
- 4 years of industry experience with planning or sensor fusion or equivalent
- Experience with sensor fusion and path planning, or related mathematical problems.
- Experience designing mathematical models for integrating noisy measurements to produce useful control signals.
- Engineering experience integrating numerical algorithms into embedded platforms as well as simulation test harnesses.
- Familiar with real time / embedded operating systems.
- BS/MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science.
What we offer
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team from top institutions like Harvard, Berkeley, MIT, Stanford, Caltech, Google, Stripe, Quora, and more.
- The exciting environment of a fast paced AI technology startup.
- Great medical, vision, and dental insurance coverage options.
- Assorted perks, including: gym-membership stipend, 401k management, custom workstation setup, and more to come
Please apply using the link below.