Menlo Park, CA /
Helm.ai is an AI software company building the next generation of AI technology for autonomous driving. . Our Deep Teaching methodology is uniquely data- and capital-efficient, allowing us to surpass traditional AI approaches in accuracy and breadth and get to market quickly. Our team consists of researchers from top schools like UC Berkeley, Harvard, MIT, Stanford, and Caltech and engineers from companies like Google, Stripe, Quora, and more.
Our technology has won a number of industry and research awards. We are already working with several of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world in deploying and validating our software toward att volume vehicle production programs. . While our technology is being scaled to solve all of the subtasks and corner cases needed for L4 deployment, we productize our software for L2/L3 autonomy and large scale validation on consumer vehicles. Helm's goal is to integrate the software you build into hundreds of millions of vehicles in the coming years.
To see our autonomy stack in action, check out our Youtube channel For more information about Helm, see the following media: links to Forbes, TechCrunch, and Medium
In This Role, You Will:
- Apply and extend the Helm proprietary algorithmic toolkit for unsupervised learning to perception problems at scale.
- Carefully execute deep learning experiments designed to (i) provide new functionality for customers, such as intent modeling or depth perception or to (ii) address relevant corner cases in the system as a whole.
- Work closely with software and autonomous vehicle engineers to deploy your algorithms on internal and customer vehicle platforms.
We're Looking for Someone Who:
- Has a sense of practical optimism. Robust perception is a difficult scientific problem, and many experiments do not work- however, the ones that do more than make up for it.
- Is comfortable operating under uncertainty to get to the desired result at any cost.
- Is a thoughtful, methodical, careful experimenter.
- Has experience customizing neural networks with Tensorflow or PyTorch.
- Is fluent in Python.
- Has general experience with numerical algorithms in Matlab, Python, or Julia.
- Has earned a graduate degree in mathematics, computer science, or a related field (this is strongly preferred, but not required for an otherwise truly exceptional candidate).
- Has 4 years of industry experience in a data science or engineering position.
- Is located in the Bay Area (remote is ok for exceptional candidates).
- The opportunity to work on one of the most interesting, impactful problems of the decade.
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team from top institutions like Harvard, MIT, Stanford, Caltech, Google, Stripe, Quora, and more.
- The exciting environment of a fast growing tech startup.
- Great medical, vision, and dental insurance options.
- Assorted perks, including: daily in-office free dinner, gym-membership stipend, yearly company retreats (post-COVID), 401k management, custom workstation setup, and more to come as we scale the team.
Please apply using the link below.