Menlo Park, CA
Helm is an early stage autonomous vehicle startup currently in stealth. Our deep learning approach to self-driving is uniquely data- and capital-efficient, allowing us to get to market quickly. Our team consists of researchers from top schools like Harvard, MIT, Stanford, and Caltech and engineers from companies like Google, Stripe, Quora, and more.
Our software is already available as an SDK, which has been purchased or deployed by 6 of the top 10 car manufacturers in the world. While our technology is being scaled to solve all of the subtasks and corner cases needed for L4 deployment, we market our software for partial autonomy in consumer vehicles. Helm's goal is to integrate the software you help build into millions of consumer vehicles in the coming years.
Sample footage from our L2+ system: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLVT4zc_EVA
- Manage cloud computing infrastructure for training, validation, and inference.
- Work with software engineers to build tooling for automating cluster operations to maximum extent possible.
- Be responsive with addressing issues with cluster.
- Manage local compute resources.
- Manage company directory, Okta integrations, etc.
- Provision hardware, debug issues with local software integrations.
- Ensure security best practices are followed both on cloud and local compute resources.
What We're Looking For
- Experience with managing cloud security policies.
- Experience administering deployments of ~100s-1000s of ubuntu linux machines with Kubernetes.
- Work on one of the most interesting, impactful problems of the decade. Our algorithms ARE our product.
- Time Off - 2 weeks of PTO + a paid company shutdown the last week of the year.
- Daily Free Dinner - We also cover delivery fees and taxes for lunch delivery orders.
- Gym Stipend - Helm helps defray monthly fitness memberships.
- Yearly company retreat - Partners are welcome to join!
- Subsidized Health Insurance - Our out of pocket costs start as low as $16/month.
- 401k Management - Our employees love using Guideline to manage their investments.
- Equipment - Helm purchases any ergonomic equipment you need.
Please apply using the link below.