Team Lead, User Operations
Helm, a subsidiary of Stripe, provides operational services to some of the world’s most ambitious organizations. Helm is being built from the ground-up by a determined, entrepreneurial team who is passionate about exceptional customer experiences and operational excellence. We’re proud to have an open and collaborative atmosphere where bright professionals work hard and enjoy what they do. If you’re interested in a career with a forward-thinking team, we’d love to talk!
Team Lead, User Operations
As the Team Lead, User Operations, you will work to support Helm's commitment to an exceptional user experience. The role will involve serving as a mentor to others, leading teams of people through positive engagement and teaching, root causing and resolving challenges while readily putting yourself in the shoes of our users. On a consistent basis, you will review performance data and trends to determine appropriate support and intervention, identify top tier talent, and provide resources and tools to ensure both individual and team goals are being met. This role will help drive customer satisfaction, and support the successful and ongoing growth and development of our front-line team.
You will work with Helm leadership to ensure that support is given on an individual basis to meet agreed internal and client satisfaction targets. You will be responsible for providing feedback to the Helm leadership on a regular basis to support them with performance management.
What You'll Be Doing
- Model proper behaviors in customer service, problem-solving and communication for entry level team members
- Motivate your team with start of day communication, team builders and reinforcing knowledge
- Observe User Operations Specialists in side-by-side, live time review sessions to provide assistance as they move through learning curves
- Partner with the Operations Director to provide real-time, actionable feedback regarding the quality of interactions
- Participate in training validations for new workflows to ensure viability and support implementation with User Operations Specialists
- Work closely with the Learning, Quality and Leadership teams to drive performance and process improvement
- Capture client escalations to improve the service-level interactions and provide advanced knowledge and experience
- Resolve User Operations Specialist inquiries regarding current clients and workflows to support satisfactory completion
- Carry out the role of User Operations Specialist on a reduced frequency basis to maintain relevancy connection to the work
- Any additional responsibilities as business needs dictate.
How We Know You Can Do It
- 3 to 4 years of Leadership/supervisory experience (team of direct reports) or team of 10+
- 3 or more years of experience with computers or in a tech environment
- Experience with payments, risk, compliance, or the financial industry.
- High level of communication skills (written, speaking, grammar, etc.) and the ability to give clear feedback
- Servant Leadership mindset and the ability to positively lead others in role
- Strong technical skills and an intermediate level of comfort analyzing performance data demonstrated by experience with and deep understanding of the subject matter
- Well-versed in an investigative role involving mining information to make decisions.
- Efficiency and comfort working in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Empathy working with people in a user-centered environment
- Creative thinking and an ability to work outside the box, or without concrete tasks.
- Experience with payments, risk, compliance, or the financial are pluses
- Previous background in a supervisory role and/or a role supporting users at a technology company is a plus
What You’ll Love About Working at Helm Services
- Great Company Culture - We pride ourselves on working as one team who values each and every employee. We understand the importance of diversity and leveraging our differences to create an inclusive and engaging work environment. We know that our job is never done and harness our energy to aim higher everyday.
- Health Benefits – We offer premium plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Paid Time Off – Employees receive 21 days paid time off which start accruing on day one of employment plus paid holidays!
- Work That Stays at Work - Genuine work/life balance served here!
- Professional Development - We have a robust on-boarding program as well as continuous learning seminars, chats with our Leadership Team, and online resources in order for our employees to continue to grow and learn throughout the year. We also offer lots of room for growth within Helm Services.