Helm, a subsidiary of Stripe, provides operational services to some of the world’s most ambitious organizations. Helm is being built from the ground-up by a determined, entrepreneurial team who is passionate about exceptional customer experiences and operational excellence. We’re proud to have an open and collaborative atmosphere where bright professionals work hard and enjoy what they do. If you’re interested in a career with a forward-thinking team, we’d love to talk!
As the foundation of our Risk Team, Risk Specialists help protect Helm, our clients, and their customers from a wide range of risks that come with navigating the world of payments. You will be responsible for understanding the merchant lifecycle through evaluating identity to merchant intent. On a given day, you will review businesses who either wish to use Stripe or are currently using the platform. While doing so, you will verify and validate information provided by the merchant. A standard check will compare specific details from the account application against supporting documentation such as website, document scans, or internal/external databases.You will be evaluating merchants for potential risks they present to Stripe. This can take the form of supportability, KYC, credit, or fraud. Then you will make a decision on a daily basis that has wide ranging impacts to financial losses, user experience, or financial partner obligations.
What You May Be Doing
- Verify all required details have been submitted with application for processing. Examine and validate the identity of the merchant to ensure the information submitted is valid.
- Perform checks in internal and external databases to verify information provided and confirm supportability of merchants.
- Identify and document inaccuracies which raise red flags that require intervention and follow up with the merchant.
- Investigate and compare the items sold on the merchant’s website to information provided on their account, such as product description, merchant industry, and charges.
- Reference an internal supportability list and judge whether the merchant is in compliance with company guidelines.
- Ensure no items being sold on merchant’s site violate these guidelines.
- Based on the merchant's website, categorize the business using a list of guidelines.
- Identify businesses as supportable, prohibited, or in need of small changes to their business model.
How We Know You Can Do It
- 1+ year research experience is required.
- 1-2 yrs in the financial field is helpful but not required.
- Bachelor degree in a related field is helpful but not required.
- Ability to be detail-oriented and meticulous, noticing when information from multiple sources doesn't match up.
- Capacity for showing empathy, remembering their is a person behind the business and aren’t overly harsh in your assessments.
- Efficiency working in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Comfortable making decisions based on incomplete or ambiguous information.
- Are persistent and thorough, willing to go the extra mile to understand specific cases and examine underlying causes.
- Collaboration with team members and like to share knowledge and best practices to help the team succeed.
What You'll Get
- Competitive Compensation with lots of room for growth
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance
- Open and collaborative environment with a focus on continuous learning
- 21 days of Paid Time Off
- Inspiring work atmosphere
- A constantly evolving and growing total rewards package
Job Type: Full-time
Start Date: March 9, 2020
Salary: $15.00 /hour
Keywords: underwriting, risk management, technical support, help desk, customer operations