Helm Services is seeking Risk Specialists to join our team in order to help protect Helm, our client, and their customers from a wide range of risks that come with navigating the world of payments! On a given day, you will review businesses, verify information through online research, evaluate potential risks, and make crucial decisions.
Helm Services, a subsidiary of Stripe, provides operational services to some of the world’s most ambitious organizations. Helm is being built from the ground-up by a determined, entrepreneurial team who is passionate about exceptional customer experiences and operational excellence. We’re proud to have an open and collaborative atmosphere where bright professionals work hard and enjoy what they do.
Our team here is quickly expanding, and is comprised of extremely dedicated and passionate individuals, who have helped build a company from nothing into an amazing operational brand. Helm Services has a growing footprint, with our headquarter offices located right here in the heart of Baltimore, MD. If you’re interested in a career with a forward-thinking team, we’d love to talk!
What You'll Be Doing
- Investigate new business applications by reviewing supporting materials
- Verify information provided is correct through internal and external databases
- Identify and document inaccuracies which raise red flags that require intervention and follow up with the merchant
- Reference an internal supportability list and judge whether the merchant is in compliance with company guidelines and ensure no items being sold on the merchant's site violate these guidelines
- Based on the merchant's website, categorize the business using a list of guidelines
What We Are Looking For
- Effective interpersonal, analytical and negotiation abilities required.
- Ability to provide information in a clear, concise manner with an appropriate level of detail.
- Detail-oriented and meticulous, noticing when information from multiple sources doesn't match up.
- Comfortable making decisions based on incomplete or ambiguous information.
- Are persistent and thorough, willing to go the extra mile to understand specific cases and examine underlying causes.
- Collaboration with team members and like to share knowledge and best practices to help the team succeed.
What You’ll Love About Working at Helm Services
- Great Company Culture - We pride ourselves on working as one team who values each and every employee. We understand the importance of diversity and leveraging our differences to create an inclusive and engaging work environment. We know that our job is never done and harness our energy to aim higher everyday.
- Health Benefits – We offer premium plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Paid Time Off – Employees receive 21 days paid time off which start accruing on day one of employment plus paid holidays!
- Work That Stays at Work - Genuine work/life balance served here!
- Professional Development - We have a robust on-boarding program as well as continuous learning seminars, chats with our Leadership Team, and online resources in order for our employees to continue to grow and learn throughout the year. We also offer lots of room for growth within Helm Services.
If you're looking for an exciting place to work and a chance to continue the development of your skills with fraud and risk, apply today!
Start Date: August 3, 2020
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
Keywords: underwriting, risk management, technical support, help desk, customer operations