VP of Engineering
Help.com strives to optimize the customer service experience. With our streamlined interface and all-in-one platform, you can say goodbye to long waits and uninformed agents. Seamless integrations, specialized live chat/helpdesk components, and an easy-to-use workspace are all key features of the Help.com platform. The only thing we’re missing is you!
We’re looking for a great manager with team building experience. You should also be a talented recruiter who can effectively communicate and solve problems.
The VP of Engineering role encourages success through active communication and management--that means getting the product out the door while ensuring the team hits its mark.
Required Duties & Skills
- Manage product development from design to execution
- Develop and direct methods to ensure quality standards are met and maintained
- Create and manage an environment that fosters self-sustaining teams
- Ensure products are designed for specific purposes while considering their wider applications for the future
- Provide engineering expertise in development, cloud infrastructure, software specifications, product maintenance, and vended products
- Determine if current costs are accurate and in line with company goals
- Suggest improvements based on changing technology, needs, and capabilities.
- Recruit, develop and oversee an engineering team capable of carrying out necessary engineering initiatives
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a VP of Engineering role or similar
- Must understand the business value of engineering decisions and how they affect the sales, margin, and life cycle of the product
- Experience with Agile software development (particularly SCRUM and JIRA)
- Experience deploying microservices via Google and Amazon Cloud
- Experience shipping software using a CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with SaaS software at scale (tens or hundreds of thousands of users)
- Experience with object-oriented and MVC design patterns
- API design experience
- An understanding of systems using real time interactions (websockets, long-polling, server sent events)
- Development experience with Node.JS, React, Redux
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Continuous Delivery
All of our positions are based in Austin, TX. We offer competitive compensation (both cash and equity), an unlimited vacation policy, and fully-paid medical benefits (health, dental, and vision) for eligible employees. Best of all, we have the energy, agility, and fun of a startup.
Help.com is an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Currently, we are unable to sponsor visas; all candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US.