Software Engineer (Front-end - React.js)
Help.com strives to optimize the customer service experience. With our streamlined interface and all-in-one platform, you can say goodbye to long waits and uninformed agents. Seamless integrations, specialized live chat/helpdesk components, and an easy-to-use workspace are all key features of the Help.com platform. The only thing we’re missing is you!
As a Front-end React.js Developer at Help.com, you will work on our Live Chat development team in Austin, TX. The ideal candidate enjoys solving usability challenges, building reusable components, and contributing to well-structured, highly performant code.
Required Duties & Skills
- Execute creative and visually stunning front-end solutions
- Translate designs, wireframes, and mockups into highly composable code
- Collaborate and troubleshoot issues with various stakeholders and Help.com’s back-end team
- Write clean, readable code and tests
- Give and receive feedback while working with a team
Qualifications and Experience
- Extensive involvement with React and its ecosystem (Webpack, Redux, ES6, Flow, Jest)
- Experience developing cross-browser compatible applications across the most used browsers and versions
- Passionate about UX
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies, JIRA and other tools
- Prior experience launching a new product for a startup
- Background in building cross-platform native applications using Electron and React Native
- Experience using GraphQL and Apollo or Relay clients in a production application
- Work with Node Core Contributors and other talented people.
- We have a proven record of success. Our founders helped build companies like cPanel, Cloudflare, and HostGator.
- Free on-site lunch
- Unlimited PTO and fully-paid medical benefits
- High standards. We review code thoroughly to ensure high quality results.
- You'll gain a ton of experience and feedback by building a platform used by customers daily.
All of our positions are based in our office in Austin, TX. We offer competitive compensation, an unlimited vacation policy, as well as fully paid medical benefits (health, dental, vision) for eligible employees. Best of all, we have the energy, agility, and fun of a startup.
Help.com is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are unable to sponsor visas at this time, so all candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US.