Technical Product Owner
Help.com strives to optimize the customer service experience. With our streamlined interface and all-in-one platform, you can say goodbye to long waits and uninformed agents. Seamless integrations, specialized live chat/helpdesk components, and an easy-to-use workspace are all key features of the Help.com platform. The only thing we’re missing is you!
As Technical Product Owner, you must understand the vision of the product and communicate it to the team. You will manage a group of highly talented developers to maximize cycles and measure success while simultaneously interacting with stakeholders on a regular basis.
Required Duties & Skills
- Work with our Engineering leadership to communicate the technical roadmap, vision, and strategic value for initiatives
- Translate technical requirements into useful user stories for the team
- Clearly articulate acceptable criteria for each user storyOwn, groom, and prioritize backlog(s)
- Document new features for implementation and release notes
- Troubleshoot issues with the Senior Management team
- Answer questions, provide clarification, and maintain a workplace with minimal obstacles for developers
- Possess team-building skills and collaborate with all levels of the organization (internally and externally)
Qualifications and Experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience in roles such as Product Owner or Project Manager for a technical product
- Must understand the business value of engineering decisions and how they affect the sales, margin, and life cycle of the product
- Experience with Agile software development (particularly SCRUM and JIRA)
- Working knowledge of modern web development and API-centric architecture
- Comfortable with writing queries and SQL
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and/or other Agile/Scrum certifications a plus
- Prior experience launching a new product for a startup
- Experience deploying microservices via Google and Amazon Cloud
All of our positions are based in Austin, TX. We offer competitive compensation (both cash and equity), an unlimited vacation policy, and fully-paid medical benefits (health, dental, and vision) for eligible employees. Best of all, we have the energy, agility, and fun of a startup.
Help.com is an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Currently, we are unable to sponsor visas; all candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US.