Senior Product Marketing Manager
United States /
Marketing – Marketing /
Well, hello! We’re Help Scout.
We make support software that empowers more than 12,000 small and midsize businesses to support their customers in the most human, helpful way. We're a remote company with 150+ employees in over 80 cities around the world, and we've been remote-first from day one. We believe that when teams represent different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, magic happens. The result is better products and a culture that enables everyone to bring their authentic selves to work.
We’re expanding our product marketing team to help us earn the next 10,000 customers through close collaboration with our product, sales, support, leadership, and (of course) marketing teams.
As a Senior Product Marketer on our team, you will independently lead product marketing initiatives, such as:
- Create product messaging and positioning. Create messaging frameworks that differentiate Help Scout from competitors, communicate the value of our products, and address top concerns of specific buyers. You’ll use market, customer, and competitive research to create effective messaging frameworks, that you will transform into content, collateral, and sales tools to drive adoption and growth.
- Be the internal competitor and product expert. You’ll gather competitive intelligence and work closely with the Product team to stay on top of what our products are, how they benefit our customers, and how they stack up against other options in the market. You’ll educate our internal customer-facing teams to ensure they’re informed.
- Plan and execute product launches. You’ll lead product launches, and be the point person responsible for knowing what we’re releasing; who it will benefit; how impactful it will be; and how to best get the word out. That includes creating audience segmentation plans; developing messaging around the value of the new feature; writing copy and content; pulling together the launch plan; coordinating marketing activities; identifying opportunities for iteration and experimentation; and measuring the impact of your campaigns.
- Drive growth through marketing and sales. You’ll tell our story across all marketing channels, organize campaigns to target specific buyers, and prepare the sales team with training and resources to reflect our value in their conversations with customers. You’ll produce internal and external product materials including case studies, videos, blog posts, sales collateral, internal training sessions, and more.
- Salary: We have an internal transparent salary matrix for each team. For this role, we are paying $133,000,000-$150,000 USD. Read more about how we approach compensation here!
- You are an experienced product marketer, who has independently managed product launches, messaging, content creation, and sales enablement on a Product Marketing team, and can speak to those results.
- You are a self-starter with a can-do attitude. You have a track record of getting things done—managing multiple projects and timelines simultaneously.
- You are collaborative, and have the capability to bring different teams together to achieve a common goal.
- You have a high bar of excellence and leave no stone unturned when it comes to the details. You are the person others come to to have their work checked.
- You are an outstanding writer, with a knack for summing up a customer benefit in 10 words or less. You can connect what something does with why the reader should care in a clear, articulate way.
- Please note that at this time, we are only able to hire in the following locations: United States, Canada, Australia, Finland, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, United Kingdom, Denmark, Germany, Norway.
Competitive salary - Our salary formula is public to all employees (but doesn't divulge your specific salary) and we update it at least once per year. Your salary is the same no matter where you live. Our goal is to pay at or above the market rate of a US-based tech hub like Boston or Seattle.
Health and dental insurance - We cover you and your family's health/dental insurance 100%. If you are based in the US, we'll cover you on our Aetna policy. If you're based outside the US, we'll reimburse your out-of-pocket health and dental insurance costs.
Long-term/short-term disability insurance & life insurance - we cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST disability insurance and base life insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider (currently US only).
Flexible vacation - Take time off when you need it! We recommend 3-4 weeks in addition to public holidays, but there are no firm rules. We trust you.
Sabbatical - After you've been at Help Scout for 4 years, you get a month of paid vacation (in addition to regular vacation) and $2,500 to spend towards travel, learning, projects or anything else during your time off. Read about what our CEO did.
Paid parental leave, including adoption and foster care - 12 weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
401k with 1% match- via Betterment for Business (currently US only)
Personal Development stipend - Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craft
Bonuses - everyone is eligible to receive a quarterly bonus up to 8% based on shared company revenue goals.
Set you up for success — we’ll get every new teammate a Mac laptop or equivalent of their choice, and provide a $1500 stipend so you can feel ready to work from home. We also cover up to $350 USD per month if you'd like to rent a co-working desk somewhere.
Complete transparency - Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
Help Scout is made by roughly 160 people in 80+ cities around the world, all with a passion for helping others. We come from diverse backgrounds and are united by an enthusiasm for great products and delightful customer experiences. Help Scout launched in 2011 and today we have more than 12,000 paying customers in 140+ countries.
Why Help Scout?
We're remote. It doesn’t matter if you’ve worked remotely before — we’ve been doing it for nearly a decade and are helping to write the playbook — we’re happy to show you the ropes. Most folks that get a taste of working in a "remote first" company have a hard time going back to the old way of doing things.
We’re passionate about diversity and inclusion. The data is abundantly clear about diverse teams being more successful, and we're dedicated to setting the team up for success. Today our leadership team is 62% women, and that's just the start. Here's our DEI Dashboard where you can see all of our team demographic data and read about our commitment to this work.
We're committed to SMBs for the long term. Help Scout is focused entirely on serving small and midsize businesses, typically up to 500 employees, because those companies view customer service differently. It's not a cost to be optimized, it's their most effective marketing tool and a key differentiator from the competition. We built Help Scout for companies that truly value being customer-centric (like us) and want a product that shares their values.
We're leaving the world better than we found it. Did you know Help Scout is a certified B Corporation, with a mission to give away at least 1% of our product through Help Scout for Good? Our company exists not just to help ourselves, but to invest in our team, our customers, our community, and our environment.
Our commitment to you
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We have read the studies and understand that diverse teams build better products, bring more perspective to the table, contribute to a company’s financial success and help foster a more inclusive environment for all employees, but the bottom line is that it's the right thing to do.